Official BassBuzz Chat Server now Live! (Discord)

After another thread asking if we should have a chat server or not, it was clear that many others supported the idea. We’ve now setup the server and everything is running smoothly. On the server you can do text chat, voice chat, or even video chat. We’re already having some great discussions over there. It’s nice to have real time conversations sometimes. You can even play music from YouTube to others on it and we’ve been experimenting with playing bass to each other. You should come join us! If you are new to these things that’s fine. We can walk you through it once you are over there or if you are really stuck then just post in this thread.

BTW, Josh has given the thumbs up for this. Also, thanks to those that have helped test the server over the last few days.

Just click on the link below to join in the fun.

5 Likes

We’ve got choons in Jukebox Room 1 if anyone joins now :slight_smile:

You guys missed a great conversation about headphones while listening to some good music. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think you might have a future as a DJ howard. Those were some tunes! I also enjoyed trying to figure out the key to each and play along to them on my bass. Fun stuff.

2 Likes

I pop in every now and then, but I seldom see anyone chatting about anything so I bail. I guess its a matter of timing. I’m typically not sitting in front of my computer for long periods of time (I’m up and down and doing other things), so I miss a great deal of conversation on live chats.
With that said, if there’s ever a scheduled chat about a particular topic (and it’s announced ahead of time), I could set aside that block of time. Very similar to our Zoom chats.

2 Likes

Yeah. Because it’s brand new, the activity comes and goes right now as there are only about 20 people, but I’ve seen it very active for several hours at a time. I had a lovely voice chat last night with @Moose_Hofer. I think we might schedule some things in the future for sure. In the meantime I’m sure it will get more active as more people come onto it. Thanks for sticking with it.

4 Likes

It’s actually not too far from a nice sweet spot for number of people in a single channel, at peak.

1 Like

That’s true. If tons of people are chatting it will be too hard to follow. :slightly_smiling_face:

Have had quite a few new faces pop in today.

1 Like

That would indeed be very interesting

1 Like

I will give it a try but there are few apps I dislike more than Discord. I’ve been using it for years I get so many alerts when I’m on it is super annoying

2 Likes

That’s easily remedied. Just change your notifications to @ only. Then you only get a notification when someone tags you directly.

2 Likes

The server I setup is now closing down because Josh has setup an official one, which I’m happy about. Here’s the link for that one:

We’re up to 62 people on Discord now. That’s awesome! Josh keeps popping in to have chats with us too. Come join us. We have plenty of free virtual tacos to go around!

2 Likes

I would like to suggest that this invitation be pinned so people know it is there and can find it easily.

2 Likes

Has it picked up steam? It used to be kind of dead, only a few of us would regularly go.

Decently active - there’s at least a little chatter every day/couple days or so

1 Like

Good news! I’ll have to check it out again.

I do not know how much I’ll join in but I’ll check out what is in there first and see. I do not see myself posting practicing sessions or anything like that

I notice there are a few folks over there that don’t really post here any longer.
I was surprised to see the amount of activity, glad it is there, just not my gig.

1 Like

Is that thing even still going? If it is, I’m surprised. It was dead the few times I visited, with only a couple people (that we never see on the forum) chatting. I don’t much care for chat rooms anyway, so it’s no biggie.