Omg. FedEx is killing me

You are 100% correct on all accounts @John_E
Working for USPS, I have a lot of insight into all 3 of the delivery services. UPS does indeed still deliver for Amazon. 90% of the stuff I’ve received at my PO Box in our office come from UPS Surepost, but all were bought from Amazon, even though Amazon does drop several pallets in our office every day for us to deliver. FedEx, not so much, but I’ve also seen a report lately that both UPS and FedEx are rather disillusioned with how much they are delivering and plan to scale back on who they are making contracts with. As you mentioned, FedEx used to deal only with smaller companies but when the pandemic hit, they made deals with larger ones and now they’re regretting it.

1 Like

Amazon is the new king when it comes to products delivery. Ups is best among the rest. They don’t miss the mark by much. USPS while clunky with the notifications, they do deliver 7 days a week. FedEx express can compete with all of the above at much higher price when it comes to speed but overall is still lacking the essential “know how”.

It seems they made the change very slowly and are blind to what the competitors are doing. They have been performing poorly for the last few years now. Everyone knows it, even they know it. My friend works in the office, he was told by his trainer to go to FedEx express if and when he transfers out, FedEx ground sucks. Lol

That’s exactly what I do, and as a bonus, you can get a PO box at the post office and they will give you a physical address for package delivery.

Could also be influenced that Amazon now has its own trucks. I live within driving distance of Seattle, and Amazon does it’s own deliveries. And gives me a rebate on the purchase if I get all my items for the week on Amazon Delivery Day which in my neck of the woods, is Wednesday.

I bet UPS did not like Amazon encroaching on their business.

1 Like

I love the Amazon store. That’s cool.

There ARE some Amazon trucks delivering in my area of North Central Illinois, but we’re far enough from Chicago that straight trucks bring us the pallets and we take them out. There are at least 3 Amazon warehouses within an hour from me.

The gift that just keeps on giving.

So my Musicman BFR is on the way to me from Sweetwater. It was initially scheduled to be delivered today, Sunday now it’s moved to Tuesday. The package has been about less than 30 miles from me since Saturday. Are they planning to give another 55 points inspection before delivery? Omg. This sucks.

I’m pretty sure it’s going to be delivered tomorrow out of the blue

That happened to me with a guitar last year (so weird to say that). Got to the last stop before the local hub and stayed there 5 days. Didn’t have the labor to load all the packages and move them. Just the world today.

Yup, it sucks

1 Like