On the lookout for a white TRBX504

Hello!

I’ve recently made the switch from passively to actively looking for a white Yamaha TRBX504. Slight preference to used but new is fine too. I think I’ll sell my Squier PJ and my modulator pedal to pay for most of it.

However these things seem seriously hard to find. I’ve looked on Reverb, GC, local music stores, etc. and they all seem to be on back order. There seems to be a bunch on eBay but they’re all in Japan for considerable shipping fees.

Do my fellow bassbuzzers have any advice to help enable my GAS?

:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Damn, welcome to supply chain woes. It’s why I pounced on the instruments I got recently as soon as they were available. Example, Sweetwater got in a SC-607 and then 4 more of them, now only one is left.

My guitar was made in July and they just got it in January; let that sink in XD

That said I checked several places and it’s hard to find the white model even showing as back-ordered or pre-order o.O

A lot of these places have a “notify me when in stock” button that could be handy.

I even checked TalkBass classifieds.

2 Likes

I can seriously see why you’d want this bass, @RoyB . . . :slight_smile:

White with a matching white headstock is my favorite color combo!

I wish I had some advice to give you besides keeping your eye out for one.

Good luck to you in your search!

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Yamaha has been hit very, very hard by supply chain issues.
Your best bet is to call sweetwater and see what the lead time is and get on the waiting list.

Another great option is Chicago Music Exchange, who often times gets things quicker than Sweetwater as they order in smaller quantities and can be shipped out first. They seem to have a couple week leg up at times. You can call them and see what their lead time is as well.

Secret trick - if you call and ask, you generally will get some sort of discount.

3 Likes

Here you go on the bay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=trbx504+white&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=1

They already discounted eBay:

Btw, @RoyB this place in the UK is citing April to May delivery times for this bass o.O

This site I have never heard of and they do not say if they have it or not:

2 Likes

Btw, @RoyB this place in the UK is citing April to May delivery times for this bass o.O

Yeah it seems like it’s slightly more available in Europe. In fact, Thomann seems to have them in stock to ship to Europe but when you select US there’s a message apologizing :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

There is a place in Canada that has one.

I’ve always found Reverb pricey but maybe the price fits your budget.

1 Like

Unfortunately that listing is misleading. It’s actually a 304 :frowning:

1 Like

Sorry mate.

I’ll keep a look out north of the border for you.

2 Likes

Much appreciated!

1 Like

Reverb does those “recommendations” a lot, as well as Amazon, and it can be pretty frustrating.

2 Likes

Update on this - actually called GC to ask about time estimates and ended up putting in an order for (estimated) 1/28! That’s considerably better than the August estimates I was getting from everyone else.

Also I asked for a discount just like @John_E suggested and got $80 off! That’s nothing to sneeze at on a $520 bass. My wallet thanks you.

9 Likes

Congrats! Great bass, you’ll love it.

2 Likes

\o/ @RoyB

2 Likes

@howard you were a big influencing factor in this particular case of GAS :laughing:

2 Likes

Congrats, @RoyB . . . you ordered what you really wanted . . . :wink:

:+1:

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

I believe the gallery picture on that site is a TRBX305.

I have the 504 and never regretted the upgrade from the 304 I have as a backup.
You made the right choice by getting what you wanted. :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like