Ooppps I did it again 😱

@Jamietashi
@T_dub

My bloody finger slipped :flushed:

4 Likes

@Mac - I know the feeling :smiley:

3 Likes

@Mac what a great slip. Well one I love mine even though it has conversations with my laptop :rofl:
Any recommendations on a good slip technique :rofl:

2 Likes

@quadfather

:joy::joy::joy:
I know I’ve been reading about your growing guitar addiction

3 Likes

@Jamietashi

Best tip is make it look like a casual mistake :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @howard, now you’ve ignited my GAS! :money_with_wings:

5 Likes

Arrived today and I must admit it’s good fun :crazy_face:
Only found one of the factory presets I don’t like ( the explosion one ) but I think it will certainly be more than adequate for the foreseeable future :+1:

7 Likes

The very first preset (the SansAmp one) is actually super good!

6 Likes

@howard :+1: I will investigate further :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Congratz

3 Likes

Thanks T_dub

3 Likes

Oh you discovered the infamous #39

3 Likes

Just horrible noise to my ears and they’re not known for their sensitivity :joy:
So much fun in such a little red box :package:!
Shame I couldn’t get it in black like the G1four.
Would have been a lot more in tune with my ensemble :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Buy a G1four, swap guts, send it back. :thinking::thinking::thinking::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Or buy a G5n and put in the guts of both a B3n and a B1four :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:thinking:
Why do you put these things in my head? :joy:

6 Likes

You guys amaze me,
What do all these add ons do???
I am a mushroom, can someone enlighten me please.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

There are certain effects you will want to use regardless of weather you are going for clean sound or not. And other effects, used ever so slightly can enhance clean sound as well. Of course you can use the effect full bore and change your sound drastically, or very slightly just to fatten your sound, add depth and richness.

Compression, just to keep things clean is the number one for bassists, and almost a necessity for recording, playing with others and gigging.

You can add a touch of an octive below to really fatten your sound, you can go for a full octive, even 2, side by side with your full dry signal, or just a touch for deep deep bass.

You can do the same going up.

Chorus and delay to widen your sound, Reverb to give it that concert hall sounding echo.

Overdrive and fuzz to get down and dirty
And then other effects that can get super weird to fun and playful, wha, auto wha, synthesizers, flangers and phasers to name a few.

Other things to protect your signal thru the chain like sound boosters and noise gates.

Possibilities are endless, because not only are there all the effects, there are the chaining combinations.

Then there are the multi effects devices where you have most of the effects, often modeled after other famous, quality, expensive stomp boxes (pedals) and rack mounts, where you can use preset chains of effects, or build your own.

From these devices, Zoom seems to be a favorite of bassists here on the forum, and differences are how many effects you can have on the chain.
B3n = 7
B1four = 5
Multistomp = 4
I think that is accurate. There are other models, with various chain lengths, and ease of use. Example, in the GUI on the B1four, you can only make adjustments (dial in) one effect at a time, where the B3n you have 3 separate GUI, allowing for adjustments to 3 effects at a time, which is closer to a real pedal chain where you can play with the controls of multiple pedals at a time.

Now!!! Of course, most all bass multi effects are derived from guitar multi effect pedals, so the B was from a G in the first product made for guitarists.

So the B1foue from the G1four
B3n from the G3n

That is the short form of a much larger and more in depth answer, some of which can be found in other threads, and some can be found outside of BassBuzz thru internet searches. Of course if you were to get one and had questions, we can help, or if you have questions prior to getting one, we can also help, like which model to buy and things like that. F course that depends on budget and what you want to do with it. If it’s your first, the best bang for the buck, offering ease of use and feature rich, the B1four, or B1xFour is the way to go.

The “X” is for expression pedal, so most Zoom models that have expression pedals have an X in their product name.

HTH

7 Likes

Hi @T_dub,

Thanks for the comprehensive reply.
Based on what you have said it seems like the b1xfour is the best fit, the only thing I would ask is as I get into this area will I be wanting to upgrade to something better or will this cover of on most things?
I’m not planning on going out on tour or anything, just want to explore different sounds.
Cheers Brian :beers:

5 Likes

@T_dub could you explain a little more about compression? Starting out with GarageBand and I see that control on the screen but I don’t know what it’s supposed to do.

6 Likes