Open Mic night, and Pam meets the Acoustic Bass

+1 here… My hats off to you @Jazzbass19 Joe… Not sure I could stay as calm as you given the circumstances. The impact here for me has been minimal at most since I live very remotely and typically only get into the nearest town about twice a month. We have no nearby neighbors and are pretty use to entertaining ourselves out here. Again, hats off to you…

Stay Safe and Keep on Thumpin’!

6 Likes

Lanny we are also rural, just been to town three times this year.
JT

2 Likes

A friend turned pro last Aug, all his work has been cancelled.
A good excuse to buy yourself an acoustic to keep you busy.
JT

1 Like

You got me beat @Jamietashi!! :smiley: :smiley: We’ve gone in a couple more times than that… The only time I enjoy or really want to venture in is when my wife goes to the big city (really not a big city - just one that has a shopping mall and SAMMS club store) for supplies and there is a Guitar Center there that I always like to visit and play with all the toys…

Who knows, maybe with all of this Social Distancing that’s taking place, maybe people should be recording and sharing music files and building songs that way for awhile… I share files with my old Navy buddy and we make our own music that way… Kinda fun, enjoyable, entertaining, and educational in a way…

4 Likes

agree with @joergkutter too. I’m not a big fan of liberties restrictions, but to be realistic, at this point there’s not much choice anyway. so I choose to keep calm, play some music, be a bit patient and everything will be fine :grin: for now I even find it’s an interesting experience (here in France we’re quarantined at home for at least 2 weeks, probably more). I just hope it won’t last too long.

8 Likes

Congrats @PamPurrs! So awesome to hear, glad you had a good first performance experience. Yay! :confetti_ball: :partying_face:

4 Likes

Tokyo has been scaling back for a month, with even very traditional Japanese firms asking people to work from home. I am on a peak rush hour train right now (for an appointment) and it’s got plenty of space, compared to the usual “so packed you physically cannot move”.

My office progressively went to required work from home for those who are not absolutely needed on-site, I’ve been doing it for two weeks now. I hate it, but it is necessary.

Part of the reason I pulled the trigger on my BEAD bass was I was pretty sure last weekend would be the last chance for a while.

Anyway, take care, folks. This thing is super contagious - most community spread in Tokyo so far was people simply sitting in cabs with mask-wearing cab drivers - and there is enough of a statistical sample across multiple populations to veridy the 2-3% death rate.

This basically needs to be stamped out like SARS1 was, and the only way to do that is distancing to delay and smooth out the hospital rush until widespread vaccination starts.

Grim topic but affecting many of us, so take care.

7 Likes

That’s awesome @PamPurrs, congrats!

2 Likes

That’s great, Pam. Now stay home!

3 Likes

I am in complete & utter awe of you @PamPurrs. Well done. If I ever get over to visit my friend in Phoenix again I’ll be sure to make you drag me to the club to watch you.

4 Likes

I love stories of courage!! That took guts even though I’m sure you were awesome. Rock star.

4 Likes