Other hobbies?

Nah, crazy is owning more than one bass.

That first picture is from a route called A Dream of White Horses. It’s in North Wales and I can still remember the day almost 30 years ago. One of my happiest climbing memories. It’s an absolute classic. Not really hard (HVS if I recall) but super atmospheric with the sea crashing into the cliffs below as you climb.

2 Likes

You get Chaos Gate? It was great! The only Space Marine army I ever liked was my Grey Knight/Inquisition one, so it was perfect :slight_smile:

Other than that I was mostly Tau and Eldar. Oh yeah, and of course Orks. Everyone should have Orks and a spare rulebook for Gorkamunda.

2 Likes

oh, hell nawwww

7 Likes

I approve of this post :point_up::joy:

4 Likes

My biggest hobby other than music is acquiring as much knowledge as I can …

3 Likes

My happy place, Love racing in my Sim Rig.

3 Likes

One of my most recent hobbies is making mead. Here is a 5 gallon batch of Watermelon flavored. My brand is “Odin’s Dogg”. This is Odin’s Dogg Watermelon mead!

7 Likes

Oh that’s awesome! I’ve only done it once, was mostly in to brewing beer. The batch I did worked out but was maybe a 5/10. Clearly some awesome potential for mead making but I never followed up.

Do you find it hard to avoid off-flavors with it? Seemed harder for that than beer to me.

" But I am already saved. For the machine is immortal. Even in death I serve the Omnissiah."

Cult Mechanicus is my favorite faction.

another awesome game :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have never taken W40k lore and the whole concept seriously, because it’s so over the top that it makes me laugh. But constituent parts of the universe are so much fun in its absolute edginess. But Mechanicus and Battlefleet Gothic games have always had a great presentation, although the gameplay and execution are more often than not just average.

Epic game launcher loves to gift out Warhammer games btw.

Fellow Sim racer! I have just the basic G29 with H-shifter and I am using a Thrustmaster flight stick as my handbrake. :smiley: But I plan to build something along the lines of your setup.

Here’s the track I spent most of the time outside of Dirt 2. What’s your favorite sim?

I also used a Joystick for quite some time as handbrake, but using a self built one now, a cheap hydraulic handbrake from ebay as a base.

My jam are Rally sims, this week they anounced the next WRC game, which will be done by Codemasters, I love their Dirt Rally series. And they also will add VR :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What a coincidence. :smiley:

I post a bit of gameplay from time to time to my YT channel and this time it was a little shout-out to our Czech Fabia, the car McRae got back into WRC again.

2 Likes

Oh it is completely impossible to take seriously, that’s kind of the point.

1 Like

Hi Wellbi, Been sim racing for over 30 years on and off. Played on many systems but didn’t get serious until I retired 6 years ago. Finally able to say i have my dream system.

I now race 100% Formula One on IRacing in VR. What a blast how things have progressed in SimRacing. Hope your dream setup is in the future but I know how crazy and expensive it can be.

The nice thing about playing Bass is its not a money pit like SimRacing.

Maybe one day we’ll meet at the track!
Cheers!

2 Likes

Oh I’m not sure everyone will agree with that statement :wink:

3 Likes

Hey Ptess. I play mainly Dirt, Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Dirt and ACC are probably my favorites. I plan to get my hands on some DD wheel in the future, but I have been quite short on money for some time now, so I stick with my ghetto setup :smiley: :

Luckily my studio desk with its cutout for legs under the master keyboard creates quite a good non-rig platform. But I really want something just for racing,

I will probably gift myself some DD wheel OR good pedals, the brake on the G29 is absolutely atrocious. And frankly, I am really thinking about making my own rig. I am quite a good welder and I would like it to be useful as a racing rig, but also with a couple of pushes and pulls you could change the configuration for flying/space sims. I have an idea or two already, about how to build it, but it’s really one of the furthest things on my to-do list atm. :confused:

2 Likes

Yes you can spend lots on a bass but a good music instrument does not lose its value like sim racing equipment do. The minute you get the latest and best there’s something better a few months later. It’s like driving a new car of the lot.

1 Like

Ive always wanted to get into flight sim, one day I might. For good rig plans and ideas make sure to check out OSR.

1 Like