Other hobbies?

I create digital artwork and a lot of it is Predator or Xenomorph related.

7 Likes

Very cool!

1 Like

I’ve done this. a lot.

7 Likes

That’s awesome. I did some archery in college but have done nothing since. very cool sport.

It’s weird I wasn’t in to this growing up too, we lived in a literal forest and I was in to other marksmanship stuff. Should have picked up bows.

1 Like

I like shooting sports but I dont like shooting sports people overall, that’s the problem for me.

I don’t want to generalize but I’ve had some bad experiences in shooting clubs.

5 Likes

exactly the same with me and why I quit.

1 Like

I’ve shot sporting clays and skeet before and had fun. I’d have a shotgun if I could just leave it in a locker at the range, but that option doesn’t exist. I’m not real thrilled with the opportunities for forgetting/messing up safe storage at home that are cheaper than a gun safe and then it just becomes more expensive than it’s worth.

There are a lot of words spoken about gun owners being safe and responsible for sport here, but reality seems to fall way short.

2 Likes

Most, in my experience, aren’t.

My father was not when I was growing up. I was as an adult (had a safe).

Knew plenty of folks that talked like they were but weren’t.

3 Likes

I’m having golf driver GAS😬

1 Like

I’m trying really hard to avoid golf. I can’t afford another hobby that requires a lot of equipment.

2 Likes

I think that’s a good decision. I might like the driving range better than actual golf though, because I’m weird.

1 Like

That’s pretty unforgiving ground for any misses :crazy_face: I can see why you might have been glad to have had any arrow left at the end of the day!

I used to shoot quite seriously about 30 years ago (recurve rather than compound). But I got so I didn’t really enjoy the competitiveness of club shooting, preferring the solo, meditative aspects. But sadly where I now live I have the room but with a railway line on one side and a main road on the other side It would not be a wholly responsible activity! (The railway line is only three or four trains a day but even so…)

1 Like

Mostly “just add water” types of things…

7 Likes

That little ram is taking a beating :grin:

Cool stuff… love it

It’s ok to teach your daughters :+1:t2:

1 Like

Is this sculpture an artistic expression of the offspring of a person and a howitzer? :grin::grin:

1 Like

If “howitzer” is chinese for a huge dong, then you’re right :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another Hobby is photography.

4 Likes

Just back from a fun paddling trip to the East Kootenays. Low water levels as we were catching the last of the snow melt. :sunglasses:

14 Likes