PamPurrs the bass teacher? (NOT)

Actually, I was going to suggest she join the forum. I figured you guys would take care of filling her up with GAS :rofl:

11 Likes

It’s a shame there’s no chili bass :smiley:

6 Likes

That’s awesome. What I usually like to do is find out a collection of songs she/ he likes. Usually, unless they are a big Rush or king crimson fan, I could usually find a simple song to teach them in the first lesson.

A quick show of where the notes are and dive right into the song section breakdown is the fastest way to get over the jitters and the nerves.

7 Likes

Brava! Great introductory curriculum.

But forget directing her to venues for buying more basses. Instead, direct her where to buy better beer. :beers:

7 Likes

Found one.

Flea Signature bass.

6 Likes

I’m sure she’s got the best teacher on your block if not in your whole neighborhood!

5 Likes

Pam’s house looks like a giant Rumble speaker. Can’t get any better than that :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

I had forgotten about the Flea Bass! Yeah it’s a Chili!

6 Likes

I like your method @PamPurrs

5 Likes

Yup!

10 Likes

You’re going to do fine teaching her, Pam. I wouldn’t worry at all.

5 Likes

Mission accomplished! You should be seeing her around the forum soon.

20 Likes

Nice work!

6 Likes

Oh, so the beers actually not supposed to go on the amp (I’ve been doing the same thing @Ed, I’m guessing the heat from the amp warms the beer up too fast?..)

In all seriousness, I learned a bunch of things from watching one “how to record yourself” tutorial you and @John_E made, so you can definitely teach, looks like she’s off to a great start!

7 Likes

@dlamson13 oooo you could have a point there. Plus the vibration probably flattens it

5 Likes

The beer goes a lot farther down your gullet than it does sitting on an amp. Just saying.

9 Likes

:point_up: :point_up:This guy gets it :smiley:

7 Likes

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Dang it! I got here too late. I was going to recommend this…

Beginner Bass Lesson #1 (Your Very First Lesson)

3 Likes