Peavey Grind BXP

@JoshFossgreen have you heard of a bass called a Peavey Grind BXP? It kind of looks like your Cirrus but has a p-style split pickup at the neck. Active electronics. Just wondering if you have any thoughts / opinions on this particular Peavey model.

5 Likes

Yes, I looked at one for sale locally. It was a bad ass bass, but the photos did not reveal the heavy use on the back of the body and around the pick guard.
The bass was in great shape physically, but cosmetically it was blemished pretty hard.
I would have bought it, but he wanted too much for it.
I would have paid full price if not for the cosmetic condition.
For a bass like this, when natural wood finish (if that is what you are looking at), the beat up look is not as desirable to me, like a P-bass that is weathered would be.

2 Likes

It says it is a 35" scale, and I expected a bass that was really big feeling, but it actually felt rather small.
The one I looked at looked very similar to the Cirrus that @JoshFossgreen plays, but it was a GRIND and not a Cirrus

It felt good tho, and I would own one if presented with a one in good condition.

2 Likes

I used to play a Grind many years ago and I liked it, but it had soapbar pickups and wasn’t part of the BXP line, so can’t say. Peavey quality is really spotty, in my experience.

Even with the Cirrus basses built in the era that mine was build (early 90’s I think?), I’ve never really liked one nearly as much as I like mine. So my recommendation, as usual, is try before you buy!

6 Likes

Could this be the reason that the Cirrus 5-string you got a few years back really didn’t hang around, or was it because you prefer 4 string?

6 Likes

Both reasons! I still have it, it just doesn’t do a lot. :slight_smile:

7 Likes