PEV riders unite

Anybody else ride any Personal Electric Vehicles like an Electric bike or Scooter? I just got a beast of a scooter a couple weeks ago and it’s a blast (pics coming soon)

2 Likes

Love them. I stopped mountain biking if not I’d probably have a fleet of it. This one is Italian.

2 Likes

Looks fun!

1 Like

I was cruising pass a full on road bike guys in spandex, lol.

1 Like

Them: thousands on bikes and dorky suits and they still have to exercise
You: comfortable in favorite outfit and can relax
Them 0 you 1

1 Like

Lol. I can’t knock on them so much. I was once wearing the same thing when out mountain biking. Thank go to Oakley shorts making padded shorts cool again.

1 Like

Very sharp-looking folding bike, @Al1885 . . . . :+1:

I used to have a “Citizen’s Bike” foldable but couldn’t bring it with me down to VA. Worked very nicely for short trips, errands, etc. and would be perfect for the urban environment I live in now. Due to the small wheel size, it was rather unstable on the road, but those are the trade-offs.

Do you have any website links to share?

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

Hey Jazzbass!
I don’t know if you’re looking for suggestions from me, but I would highly recommend checking Alibaba.com for the type of ebike you are interested in. The PEV options there are usually 50-25% of the price you would pay at a more mainstream- albeit more trustworthy- brand. I got my electric scooter on alibaba for $1000 and comparable models from the US are about $3000 or more (well actually mine was free but that’s a different story!) If you’re interested in some of my personal tips for shopping on Alibaba- and finding a trustworthy supplier- let me know, I’d be happy to help and answer any questions! The site and how it works are difficult to understand imo.

1 Like

Sure. Here it is. https://www.motoparilla.it/italian-e-bike/trilix-luxury-italian-design/

It took 4 months to delivered it came with a crack in the seat tube from shipping damage 2 months later the replacement arrived. It was a gift from my brother. I wish that he’d tell me he’s getting me this. I’d have told him to get me a Trek or a Giant mountain eBike. Lol.

2 Likes

I built this one in sept 2019 and it’s been my main mode of transportation since then; I have almost 18K km on it now. I have really steep hills on my way home so there’s no way I’d be able to ride every day without and ebike, especially with groceries on there :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the link, @Al1885 . . . . :slight_smile:

Very interesting bike and looks to be of good quality! Too bad about the shipping damage, though . . . :frowning:

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

Another really cool-looking machine, @sshoihet . . . :slight_smile:

:sunglasses:

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

My Specialized Levo SL electric mountain bike. Weighs only 39 lbs and handles just like my other mountain bikes. 6” suspension front and back, tubeless setup. 25km ride after work from my house uses 50% of the battery. Amazing bike. Biggest step down I’ve hit is about 10’. That’s about the max for the current shock setup.

4 Likes

Very interesting, @Barney . . . :thinking:

I think if I tried that, I’d loosen some fillings in my teeth . . . :wink:

Cheers
Joe

1 Like

Thanks @Jazzbass19

Yeah they are not cheap but build really well. Lots of gadgets attachment. While I wish that I have bigger wheel diameter the fat donuts grip really well in the corner.

2 Likes