Pitfalls of learning to play

Obviously we are all here for the online B2B course but before we had Josh, we had to learn to play guitar from a book. This is a very British comedy sketch about learning to play the guitar, you will recognise many of the actors, sneaky appearance by Kirsty McColl in the final courtroom shot.

French & Saunders + Raw Sex

17 Likes

Very funny! Thanks for posting.

2 Likes

That is friggin’ funnier than sh*t. It was great to see all those awesome musicians appear in the skit. Obviously, this was made more than 10 years ago for Gary Moore to be in it (RIP Gary).

3 Likes

Haven’t seen this for years. Very funny

3 Likes

Ha, you’ll have to forgive lil’ ole vintage me :older_woman:, but the first Gary Moore (as Garry) that came to my mind was the U.S. entertainer and game show host with the same name (except the musician spelled it as Gary, and whose work I am not familiar with, unfortunately).

But I did enjoy the video, very funny!

2 Likes

Well, then let me introduce you…
Here’s my cover of one of his most beautiful songs (and most awesome guitar solo). Please watch and listen to the entire video as there’s a tribute to Gary at the end during his guitar solo.
Still Got the Blues - (pampurrs.com)

2 Likes

Just watched it! Thanks for the great intro to Mr. Moore, and I also enjoyed your playing. Kudos!

1 Like

Beautifully done.

1 Like

Thanks, it was the first song I ever learned to play from start to finish.

Thank you!

@jonathanhaynes43

Thanks for posting that! Very Monty Python-ish

1 Like