Play along apps

Does anyone have any recommendations for good play along apps.
I’ve tried Songster etc etc but the backing tracks are a little too hmmmm synthesiser for my liking when it comes to rock and metal.
I don’t have a computer only an iPad and phone which probably doesn’t help

4 Likes

G’day,
I just downloaded JamTracker and it looks pretty good.
You can isolate each instrument or leave them all in.
So you can remove the bass from a song and you fill it in.
You can also record what you’re playing.
I’ve yet to explore it completely but at this stage it looks promising.
You do have to pay $1.99 for each song but the first one is free.
Worth a try I reckon.
God bless

5 Likes

Hey Rory

I’ll go and have a look at that :+1:

Thank you

3 Likes

It’s not an app, but you might also check out Custom Backing Tracks - Guitar, Drums, Piano, Bass - Karaoke Version
Evidently, they take a quality band into the studio and record each instrument [and vocals] on a separate track. You can then create and download your own “mix” as an mp3. You can also change the key. They give you unlimited downloads of each song, so you can, if you wish, download each track by itself, then load into Reaper [or other DAW] and create your own play-along mixes. At $2.99 per song, it’s more expensive, but I love the ability to create my own mixes off-line.

Fred

7 Likes

Cool :sunglasses:
Thanks for that. I’ll certainly be having a look at that tomorrow

4 Likes

I checked out this site and downloaded a couple of the free Blues tracks to try it out. Really good quality tracks and customizable as well. I think I’m going to have fun with this.

5 Likes

Hi @Mac - what would be the advantage of an app compared to, say, YouTube, where there are tons of playalongs!?! :thinking:

4 Likes

Good point @joergkutter.
I do find it difficult to get some tracks on YouTube that I have found on Songster and that was the main reason I was looking for a good app

4 Likes

Yeah, “more choices” would have been my best answer to my own question as well :grin:

Keep us updated if you find a good solution!

4 Likes

Will do :+1:

2 Likes

Actually, maybe the information here could be combined with the information in the “Let’s talk about apps” thread!?!?

3 Likes

I did browse that thread but thought it was more leaning towards reading music :musical_note:
But I do have a tendency to speed read and miss bits out !
Usually important bits :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Hi Mac,

I see this is an old subject but I found it as I was looking for a play along app some time ago.
I can now get back to this and give my thumbs up for “Go PlayAlong” app.
Besides the app being brilliant for what it is, it has very nice web interface once you get cloud option so you can upload all your songs to their cloud service and use “web app” to get pretty much perfect setup.

BR//
Damir

1 Like

Thanks @bronzika .
I’ll check it out :+1: