List of play-along songs with synchronised tabs on Youtube

Song: Hapiness in Slavery
Artist: Nine Inch Nails
Tuning: standard EADG

1 Like

Du überschätzt meine Fähigkeiten gewaltig :rofl::rofl::v:

1 Like

Wer drei richtige Bässe hat, muss sowas spielen können :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for doing this, I really appreciate it!

2 Likes

You’re welcome - tell me if you have any wishes!

Song: Bloodletting
Artist: Concrete Blonde

1 Like

Chris -

I’m curious about the process for these videos?
How does the program decide on what rhythm to write out?

2 Likes

Well, again: mostly I use the tracks in https://ignition4.customsforge.com/.

If I don’t find it, then a really tedious process starts - either with a good GP/MIDI files or I need to synch automatically with Go Playalong. That can be hit and miss - but mostly good enough to practice.
All my experiments with Moises, Anthemscore and RipX DAW failed unfortunately.

And if I reall really really want good GPs, I ask @alex_b to transcribe it. He does that very well!!!

It does weird weird things with tempos too, which I suspect is it detecting real issues in the original recordings, but the music should absolutely not be notated with the tempo changing by 1-2 BPM every couple bars.

1 Like

The tempo changes are done by go playalong.

You can always play with the trial versions of tonelib jam and go playalong to understand what it’s doing…

1 Like

Yeah, I have no doubt they are accurate to errors in the original recordings (tape stretch, etc) - but they should not exist in the notation like that. If you were a band playing this live there is a 0% chance you would try and do that, unless maybe you were Radiohead. No drummer is that masochistic.

You can always remove the tempo “corrections” using guitar pro. The PDF in the other post shows the results for that.

Here it is

Concrete-Blonde_Bloodletting_v1_p.pdf (573.4 KB)

1 Like

Sure, just saying - this software kind of falls prey to the same thing that DAWs do with MIDI or other shared electronic files. All DAWs I know of can produce notation from MIDI files; it’s just that that notation is often very funky and not how a human would write it. Same thing goes for what @Gio pointed out in the other thread.

These are cool and it’s neat that you are sharing these, but also it’s important to remember that they share the same quality issues with online tabs - they are very similarly vulnerable to both transcription error and also software quirks, depending on how generated.

I tried correcting tabs on UltimateGuitar for a while but it was futile from the start :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah. But the main thing is: with the help of these videos it’s easy to play along.
For a beginner that is worth a lot.
Since I discovered those possibilities, I play songs every day. And that’s what it’s all about for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep that’s the important thing!

1 Like

Song: Sir Duke
Artist: Stevie Wonder

In this one, the computer thinks beat 4 is beat 1.

Strange.
It’s always weird when they’re so smart, yet also… not.

2 Likes

Song: Hysteria
Artist: Muse
Source: Rocksmith original

Hysteria ^ Muse.pdf (344.8 KB)

2 Likes

Song: Bombtrack
Artist: Rage Against the Machine
Source: Rocksmith Original

Bombtrack ^ Rage Against the Machine.pdf (612.6 KB)

The Hysteria tab looks correct to me, or close enough.