Plugin advice - bass and guitar

I have Clarent, Matchlock and Caliburn for guitar, and Cerberus for bass. I like Clarent by far the best for guitar but Matchlock is very nice for clean tones. Caliburn is pure Marshall but I think it might be a little… dry, maybe? Not bad in any way but for the heavy sounds I prefer Clarent. Then again I love Orange amps…

Cerberus is just fantastic. Three amp sims in one.

Weirdly, Lancaster is on sale at Kuassa’s site but not on PluginBoutique. I just asked them, would rather buy there for the points and freebies.

1 Like

@howard thanks for the tips. I’ll download the demo’s. I’ve played a Vox and Marshall in store and enjoyed them both, but didn’t play for long and not with a guitar I own. The Vox with a Strat was delightful. Not sure I’ve played an Orange, but always wanted to. As for Fender, I had one of the Mustang amps and liked some of the amp sims, but never had a chance to play the real thing.

So many great amps and if the amp sims can get me close, it might just be worth spending some extra cash to have a few options.

I’ve just been playing with the Cerberus again, just flicking through the presets. Need to understand it a bit more, but definitely like some of them straight away.

PB added Amplifikation Lancaster to the sale after I wrote them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I finally downloaded the demo for Room (and Plate for fun). These are amazing.

Do you know if they ever have a sale?
I am happy to wait if they do a black Friday thing.

They famously never, ever, ever have sales. Sorry man. Just buy it :slight_smile:

Can vouch for Room. It’s probably your best all arounder.

If you want wacky and fun, check out Supermassive. It’s free too.

1 Like

I did download that too, and Plate demo just to see.
Plate was cool too but don’t need it yet.

Supermassive is aptly named, needs more play time.
It’s nuts.

I only use Valhalla. Iirc they never do sale but you might get a bonus/discount after your first purchase. :man_shrugging:t2: They are my go to plugins for delay and reverb.

I actually like Melda’s reverb (MCharmVerb) better but Valhalla is really good.

1 Like

Will check it out. Thanks for the tip. Getting a little bit bored with Valhalla.

1 Like