Plugins I Have Known And Loved

Interesting, when you Google it it shows the sale price in the Goggle blurb, but when you click on it it is full price. That might be an old cached image or something?

1 Like

Nope, supposedly a current deal - they emailed me about it before the weekend.

1 Like

Someone programmed the website wrong

1 Like

Yep, the sale is no longer there :slight_smile:

My guess is Arturia told them not to because they are planning to do it for Black Friday, like last year.

1 Like

Ooh. They wrote me back and apologized and gave me the price anyway. Welp, there goes my Black Friday savings, lol

3 Likes

Wow. It’s really crazy how good of a job they did.

These are modeled, not sampled.

4 Likes

That stuff is all fascinating to me, and always disappointing for Sax as all the samples or modeled stuff just can’t cut it. There is too much human voice in Sax for any model to sound non-synthy. Tech not there yet. Even with breath and lip pressure controllers.

Really nice and I really like the Juno-60! One of my favourites synths too.

Yeah me too. And the Jupiter-8 sim is even better.

1 Like

LOL. The Fairlight CMI sim comes with the Orch2 preset (because of course it does).

I’m in pretty serious geekout mode over how good of a job they did on these.

1 Like

Instead of buying anything this year, I just log into PB, izotope, Neural dsp and Toontrack and look at all the stuff I own and haven’t used yet :joy:

2 Likes

I have so much stuff from PB free offers that I haven’t used, and some I haven’t even downloaded!

1 Like

Just saw this https://youtu.be/5MNa5iJmzxM luckily it expensive enough that i’m not going to buy it lol

1 Like

LOL.

That makes me wonder if Melodyne can generate MIDI triggers. It has everything it needs - note value, amplitude (map to velocity), etc

1 Like

Ozone Elements is free right now on Plugin Boutique.

Ozone is a great mastering plugin. Really recommend it.

1 Like

V Collection continues to deliver. I had assumed there would be nothing I wanted on the Mellotron, at all.

And then I found the Men’s Choir sound used in Blue Monday :rofl:

MiniMoog in there too because why not.

I should throw in the Hooky bass riff too, for completion :rofl:

3 Likes

I like so much stuff in there. All I had to do to amuse the other residents here was break out the Synclavier Phased Gong sound and play the intro to Beat It.

1 Like

I am totally geeking out about it.

2 Likes

They actually had the guy who wrote the original synclavier work on this. I don’t know if it was just review or a near literal re-write. Just amazing to be able to have access to such accurate re-creations that were beyond any reasonable cost at the time.

1 Like

Yeah they brought in the Ensoniq guys for SQ-80 V too.

There is so much nostalgia here for me. I’m amazed at how much I am digging CZ V, for example. I had totally written off the CZ-101 as a toy back in the day, and never even considered it when shopping - for me it was between the ESQ-1, Roland D20, Yamaha DX7, and Korg M1. The Casio wasn’t even in the running, and yet it turns out to have been a quite capable and excellent sounding little synth.

I am kind of wondering what they will add next. Either the D50 or the M1 would make sense. Korg sells a pretty good M1 VSTi now though.

1 Like