Plugins I Have Known And Loved

@howard have you seen this?

1 Like

Yeah! Thanks for posting though. Basically the latest Sonoma update punks a lot of music software.

1 Like

btw finally got around to ordering the monthly subscription.

2 Likes

Awesome! Have fun with Multipass and Phase Plant :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would like them, but I only play around once in awhile and can’t justify the cost. I really do like the idea of the dynamic EQ Howard links to above. I also really like the Eventide Split EQ, especially great for bass because you can control the EQ of the transient and tonal parts separately. It’s having separate controls for the sound of the slap/pluck/pick and the note.

2 Likes

Yep, they are a bit pricey indeed. But really cool also… :joy:

2 Likes

iZotope Neutron comes in cheaper with many of the same features, plus song analysis. But beware or you will turn out like me and get completely in to the iZotope ecosystem :rofl:

Even the Element level is worth picking up, and it’s on sale right now.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/neutron.html

Neutron has a really cool feature where if you run instances of it on multiple tracks, you can have them work together and tell one to dynamically EQ to stay out of the way of the other. So, for example, you can have it automatically EQ a small range of the bass down slighly only when the Kick drum hits, making both tracks sound more clear and less muddy. Like how you would use sidechain compression, but automatic.

Dynamic EQ is awesome, basically does the work of setting up sidechains for you.

2 Likes

Yes, I do have the Neutron Element (as a free bonus from Plugin boutique). For a free plug-in, it’s pretty neat, but I am not too fond of the interface and tweaking options (I am guessing this is on purpose in the Elements level plug-ins to not “confuse” noobs with too many options).

At some point, it probably makes a lot of sense to focus and settle on one ecosystem :smile:

1 Like

For all Mac users and those who have PACE/iLok protected plug-ins:

the just released MacOS 14.4.1 fixes any issues that might have occurred with the above mentioned plugins - so, upgrade as soon as you can :smile:

3 Likes

Cool.

2 Likes

I downloaded the parallax free trial tonight and there are a lot of good sounds in there. I’m still thinking I’m getting either the darkglass or parallax plug-in and I think parallax is less of a black box and I prefer that. I also think I’m looking to get more high gain metal sounds out of either because amplitube has more mild grit sounds I’m pretty happy with.

If you haven’t already, check out Audio Assaults Duality Bass Studio and/or Klank. They are both currently only $5 each. I haven’t really played with Klank much yet, but Duality Bass Studio is almost instant metal goodness just by selecting some of the presets :metal:

Might not be the perfect thread for this, but here is a very neat new DAW controller surface (mainly for Logic for now) for all of us preferring real knobs and buttons to trying to move a virtual knob with the mouse:
Nektar CS 12

7 Likes

Fabfilter is having an anniversary sale with 30% off their plugins. These plugins are still not cheap, but these guys rarely (if ever) do sales:

Top notch stuff!

4 Likes

i spend half my time with computers trying to get a slider to a specific number i want. 98 no, 101 dammit, 99 arggg…

damn ocd

3 Likes

FabFilter Pro-Q3 is pretty much industry standard.

3 Likes

If you don’t have an EQ like Pro-Q3 it is probably one of the most important plugins to buy. If I didn’t have that covered already I absolutely would pick it up.

3 Likes

Is it that much better than reaeq?

1 Like

It has some really nice things ReaEQ does not, like Proportional EQ and sidechaining

1 Like

This seems like real music production stuff, not “I want to put bass on Moises extracted backing tracks” so I’ll put it on the list for down the road. Also neuraldsp sale when, I thought they do one on April and there’s not much April left.

2 Likes