Plugins I Have Known And Loved

yeah, that’s it :metal::grin:

2 Likes

Yep, nice. I just got it too. Thanks @terb

1 Like

How is the SHB-1? There is a free one. There is a free Sansamp too…was thinking together there would be some tubey, clanky, goodness (the tone I like in my playing).

SHB-1 is fantastic, especially for free. Grab it and NadIR and you’re set for a while. It’s a great sounding tube amp sim.

1 Like

Hey I tried and used the trial of the Cory Wong Bass plug in with Neural DSP and I like the tone. Don’t use audacity because it cant handle any vst of worth and switch to reaper. (I don’t use a mac)
edit: it uses Llok manager which is annoying, but if u switch between computers or new operating systems you can still use the same vst u originally purchased or trialed so no need to repurchase.

https://neuraldsp.com/plugins/archetype-cory-wong?gclid=Cj0KCQiAmfmABhCHARIsACwPRACgaM2Kn53xvExJz0zNCfS6G20fq9CIC7IH15QXotaSSQx3ysP9hUcaAj50EALw_wcB

1 Like

NeuralDSP’s stuff is great. And yeah, no one serious about music production should be using audacity. It’s fine as an audio editor, but it is not a DAW.

i didn’t really realize until looking closer at these, but the prices on these are INSANE (used car guy voice please). for instance this one is $7 dollars ???!!!

https://audioassault.mx/duality.php

1 Like

for $7 dollars I’ll buy it and try it out for sure.

Rule #1 of plugins, only buy when they are on sale :slight_smile:

You should also check out SHB-1 and NadIR as a combo - they are free.

1 Like

So didn’t care for the SHB 1 much, however I LOVED the free TSE Audio BOD. In fact, check out these settings on it. At least on my headphones it sounds amazing. That’s a great gritty, clanky, boomy tone.

2 Likes

most probably a model of the well known and excellent Tech 21 Bass Driver DI

1 Like

That’s what it is. And actually mixed with the SHB-1 it was getting killer tones. Then my daw crashed and I lost everything I had recorded, and I now want to break something…

Oh nice, a BDDI clone! I’ll check it out if I can.

With the Ignite SHB-1 it really needs a cab sim (none built in), luckily NadIR is free on the same site and is excellent.

SHB-1 does exactly one thing but does it very well IMO - it does a great overdriving tube amp sound.

1 Like

Just bought Nectar, and upgraded Ozone and Neutron to Advanced. I love Plugin Boutique sales.

I really, really love iZotope’s products. This version of Ozone comes with Master Rebalance as well, though I probably won’t use it much. It’s the thing that @terb and @PamPurrs like in iZotope RX8 to use for stripping bass from mixed backing tracks for covers.

2 Likes

I like it but I don’t have it ! still doing the thing with old school EQing

2 Likes

Ahh! For some reason I thought you bought RX8.

1 Like

I wanted to buy it before I realized that Rebalance was only with the expensive licences of RX8 !

1 Like

yeah, which are ~$300.

Might want to look for an Ozone sale, it’s more useful than RX8 anyway. best mastering plugin I have used yet. Ozone Advanced is the only one that has Master Rebalance.

2 Likes

yeah, indeed the mastering tools could be really useful to me

1 Like

PluginBoutique runs these iZotope mastering bundle sales all the time which is sometimes the cheapest way to get Ozone Advanced, and also comes with Neutron and other stuff. They work together in this cool way where you put neutron on each track/bus and Ozone on the master, and they all talk to each other to help both mixing and mastering.

2 Likes