Plugins I Have Known And Loved

@howard, Ozone is a plugin for the DAW correct? Not a standalone software like RX8?

Ozone is both a standalone app (at least for Advanced and maybe Standard) and a DAW plugin (for all levels). I only use it as a plugin.

1 Like

I personally prefer the standalone app rather than the plugin because I can open it on the laptop on my deskand drop whatever song I want to work on into it right on it at my desk, rather than having to go into my music room and do it there.

That will work, but since you already have RX8 you don’t need it as much for post-master.

For mastering there’s a ton of advantages to having it on the master bus in the DAW.

2 Likes

SSL Native Essentials Bundle valentine deal for $50 (was $479).

This seems like a steal. I bought it for the glue compressor.

2 Likes

Ooh, I’ll check that out. I am covered for channel strips (overkilled actually; SnapHeap/MultiPass/Nectar/Neutron/Ozone, lol) but always interested in checking out new compressors and limiters. Looks like a good deal.

I can use features of rx7 in my daw also. It works as a standalone and as vst!

2 Likes

Pretty sure most people use at least parts of it that way (breath control, etc).

1 Like

I wasn’t aware of that. How do you make that happen?

2 Likes

You add it just like you do any other plugin. When you installed it it should have asked you which plugin formats to install.

In Reaper, you would add it to track or master bus FX, in the same way you would add Reaper’s plugins like the EQ or compressor. It should be listed under VST3 in the FX dialog.

2 Likes

I’ve never added any plugins to Reaper, so I am totally unfamiliar with this process.

1 Like

Each track, plus the master bus, has a button called “FX”, for track effects.

This is where you add plugins to the track, either effects, channel strips, or virtual instruments. They are all added the same way.

1 Like

Yeah, I know about that FX button and I have used it to add effects that came with Reaper like the compressor. What I’m saying is I haven’t added any additional effects other than those. I wouldn’t even know how to do that, let alone know where I could get any.
I’m just wondering how @gcancella managed to add RX8 to Reaper. I’m okay using it as a standalone, I’m just curious.

1 Like

When you install things like RX8, that come as both apps and plugins, the installer will usually ask you which plugin formats to install, and where.

This one will show up in Reaper’s FX dialog under VST3, if you installed it.

1 Like

Okay thanks. I purchased the standalone app of RX8, not the plugin version. I’m fine with that.

Mine is also the standalone! Check your reaper and check if anything is listed under izotope’s

2 Likes

Yeah they aren’t separate AFAIK.

1 Like

Yeah, izotope is there, I just never noticed it before. I never go any further than just adding the compressor so I’m not familiar (or even comfortable) with all those effects. Way too confusing for me.

1 Like

Just new stuff to explore :slight_smile:

2 Likes