Hey all, I’m working on a video about how to improve a bass line, and I need your help.
I’d love to give my constructive feedback on some real-life student bass lines - and it could be yours!
If you feel brave and want some feedback, here are the rules:
- Needs to be an original bass line, not a cover song with an existing bass line (this is about bass line writing, not technique/execution)
- Preferably a song that doesn’t have an existing bass line, like a bass-less play-along track, an original song, or a cover where you’re adding original bass
- I need a video of you playing it, production quality doesn’t matter as long as I can see you and hear your bass and the track decently well (face in video optional, if you’d like to be relatively anonymous)
- Doesn’t need to be long, 1 to 2 minutes is plenty
- Submit your video by uploading to Youtube or Vimeo and posting the link in this thread
- If I use your video, a clip of it will appear in a BassBuzz Youtube video, and your fame will reach even the outer edges of Valhalla
Deadline for submissions is June 19.
I’m not sure exactly how many I’ll use in the video, but at least 3, maybe as many as 5 depending on how long I need to yammer for each one.
Looking forward to hearing your bass lines!