Post Your Bass Lines for Feedback! (time sensitive)

Ahaha sorry :smiley:

3 Likes

@gcancella

No problem! Gives me something to do :slight_smile: Plus, I quite like the old Doom tunes. Might give one a go, just for a laugh!

So many basslines, sooooo little time

3 Likes

Thanks @gcancella, those are both great!

Thanks for the new section @joergkutter, that gives me more to work with, good stuff!

Haha, it’s mostly just me swearing :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

My humble effort

Not sure if this qualifies as a bass line, but this is what I came up with

8 Likes

Hi @jerichodog2k,
Nice work👍
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

So I hope it’s synchronized.
I became annoyed with recording on mic because the sound mix was always off. Either I heard only bass or too little bass so I recorded the video and at the same time the bassline via line-in in my DAW (Reaper). Then rendered the recording and at least tried to sync it with the video in a video editor. Hope it came out ok - I think so but not sure about my judgement at this point.

Update without hiding the fingers and changing the end. After experimenting a bit it wasn’t necessary to mimic the guitar rythm. I think it’s better like this but can’t wait to hear what our sensei @JoshFossgreen has to say :wink: Apart from that my timing is off (sorry)

@JoshFossgreen As said I recorded it in a DAW so I can export any tracks by themselves or render it again with a less experimental rythm section if that’s something that would fit better into your video.

8 Likes

Thank you very much

2 Likes

It is nice work.
I am also not sure it counts as bass line and I think it would be hard for Josh to find an improvement of it because there is no musical context one could use as guidelines for improvement/adjustments. He mentioned something like that already for other recordings.

4 Likes

It was fun to do, so that is what counts for me. :grin:

6 Likes

Here, take my money :moneybag::moneybag:!

3 Likes

Nice job @juli0r!

2 Likes

Thank you!
It’s just thrown together and mainly roots for the chords.
Then again Josh said himself that he starts simple and builds on that so for the purpose it might be good.

I’m also thinking about rerecording to get that strumming at the end synced up correctly with the bass. I should know how to play it - I’ve composed it! :smiley:

4 Likes

Nice work @juli0r,
Original works are always nice👍
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

woohoo! It only took most of the week, but I managed to find time to record a video of me playing, which was another Bass Milestone I was looking for :rofl:

Save it for the last minute, and it only takes a minute :wink:

9 Likes

Nice work @Alterationx10,
Sounds like your using some effects ?
Nice bright strings :+1:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Some nice reverb there :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks! Yes, I’ve got a pedal board to display on the “My First Pedal Board” thread as well! I’m only up to one miracle a day though, and this video was it :rofl: The real magic happens with my Walrus Audio Slö “Multi Texture Reverb” pedal, with a dash of my SolidGoldFX Athena “Vibraphase”.

It also goes through a Katana Mk2 guitar amp as well, on a fairly clean channel - and, ironically enough, I added another Amp+Cab Simulator in Ableton to give it what I’m going to call a “punchier feel”.

I kind of had the movie Natural Born Killers in my head, tying to sound like a mash up of something like Leonard Cohen/Waiting for the Miracle meets Duane Eddy/The Trembler

3 Likes

Amp/Cab Sims in Reaper are my favorite thing too. So good at giving you the sound of owning a big tube amp head.

1 Like

OK, here is my entry. Nightfall is an original song I wrote several months ago: using a drum track, I wrote the verse/chorus bass parts. I sent it to the guitar player in my old timers band (Never Say Die), and he created the guitar to fit, and also wrote the bridge part. I would love to get ideas on things I can add or revise to make it better… so hopefully its something that Josh can use.

6 Likes

@joergkutter

Love this, wonderful tone. Also cool slide near the end. Nice job!

4 Likes