Post Your Bass Lines for Feedback! (time sensitive)

Nice work @Alterationx10,
Sounds like your using some effects ?
Nice bright strings :+1:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Some nice reverb there :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks! Yes, I’ve got a pedal board to display on the “My First Pedal Board” thread as well! I’m only up to one miracle a day though, and this video was it :rofl: The real magic happens with my Walrus Audio Slö “Multi Texture Reverb” pedal, with a dash of my SolidGoldFX Athena “Vibraphase”.

It also goes through a Katana Mk2 guitar amp as well, on a fairly clean channel - and, ironically enough, I added another Amp+Cab Simulator in Ableton to give it what I’m going to call a “punchier feel”.

I kind of had the movie Natural Born Killers in my head, tying to sound like a mash up of something like Leonard Cohen/Waiting for the Miracle meets Duane Eddy/The Trembler

3 Likes

Amp/Cab Sims in Reaper are my favorite thing too. So good at giving you the sound of owning a big tube amp head.

1 Like

OK, here is my entry. Nightfall is an original song I wrote several months ago: using a drum track, I wrote the verse/chorus bass parts. I sent it to the guitar player in my old timers band (Never Say Die), and he created the guitar to fit, and also wrote the bridge part. I would love to get ideas on things I can add or revise to make it better… so hopefully its something that Josh can use.

6 Likes

@joergkutter

Love this, wonderful tone. Also cool slide near the end. Nice job!

4 Likes

I’m very impressed by the number of contributions ! you all rock, dudes ! :v::grin:

7 Likes

Hi @lee_editorial,
Nice work, again another nice original track.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

@jerichodog2k

That’s making me want to jam along to it :smiley:

4 Likes

@Alterationx10

It’s giving me that sinister espionage/spy/surf type of vibe, which is awesome in my opinion :slight_smile:

Imagine it tailored to this

5 Likes

Knock yourself out!

4 Likes

Oh yeah! I could get behind that sound!

2 Likes

You’d love that band then - Stereophonic Space Sound Unlimited, as every album has the same style. Check em out :smiley:

1 Like

I updated my entry

And the other bass is in the shot on purpose :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@juli0r It’s sounding better! I love the feel of this tune. I can imagine myself around a campfire chanting or around a pub table.

2 Likes

@Alterationx10 love this one!

Has a somewhat nostalgic feel to it.

Like juli0r’s entry I can also imagine a scenario for this one. Preparing for a high noon duel on the main street, circa 1853

3 Likes

well my 3 cents, some small mishaps in the beginning

8 Likes

Really a very diverse bunch of contributions, everyone! Will be exciting to see what Josh makes of all of that!! :smile:

2 Likes

Wow, thanks everybody for your contributions! I’ll be digging into these shortly. I will probably use 5 max, maybe less, for this video, so not everyone will make it in.

I’ll be picking stuff based on whether I can find a good topic for constructive discussion, not based on how well/not well you did, so if I don’t pick your video please trust that it’s not merit-based or anything personal. :heart:

I’ll let y’all know when this video comes out!

6 Likes

Until wednesday I was afraid we were letting you down but then came a stream of contributions.
I think everyone can understand that you can’t put every contribution into the video. At least I can. I am just glad you got enough source material for your video!

It was a good experience to do it anyway. I think recording is always good practice because you always try to be cleaner and can’t just tell yourself that you did well - others will see/hear it!

5 Likes