Post your Christmas covers

Thanks!
I got them to shoot the video by buying them some bagels this morning. Not exactly union wages.

3 Likes

Thanks @stevesilver925 !

2 Likes

Wow! I really like the way you play, such a cool instrument and expressive performance, nicely done.

2 Likes

Merry Christmas @JerryP, that was great! The kids sang, danced, and brought props, awesome! You might have to take them on tour :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @dlamson13 doing my best like my mentor said “couldn’t give a sh!t-ness” lol.

2 Likes

Came down to the wire, but here’s my Christmas cover of Kenny Loggin’s “Celebrate Me Home”. Sometimes the laughs you share make the best holiday memories. A few years back this song was playing in the car and my daughter (about 5 at the time) asked from the backseat if he just said “We Celebrate Meatball”? It struck us both so funny, we laughed so hard, and just kind of became a tradition, especially considering we sometimes eat meatballs on Christmas.

Anyway, it turns out to have a really cool bassline, and I knew I had to cover it. Better yet, my daughter recently started her own YT channel where she shares her animations. She offered to use her skills and creativity to come up with a story about a Meatball coming home for Christmas before the bass part begins. I had a blast working with her on this, I hope you enjoy it too, Merry Christmas and Happy Meatball to all! :christmas_tree:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuQlgHyflXU

10 Likes

Fantastic!
Everything.
Kudos to your daughter on the animation for sure, love the beach shot.
Great tone on a cool tune I’ve never heard. Kenny Loggins has some great. Under rated stuff.

Nice they let you out of the basement for Christmas too.

3 Likes

Thank you John!

Haha, right? Yeah and they didn’t even complain! I had a decent take down in the basement about a week earlier but the vibe of the video just didn’t work. I thought about Milli Vanilli-ing it in front of the tree, but ended up dragging my gear upstairs and doing it again.

3 Likes

Not a song I’ve heard @dlamson13 but I know I’ll be singing “Celebrate Meatball” if it ever comes on the radio :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s a great cover @dlamson13 and even greater story now I want some Pasta. Imma steal this and play this songs to my kids too.

You are right, great bass lines there and great song choice it’s such a bass dominant song.

3 Likes

Great Christmas cover @dlamson13 ! Never heard that song before but I really enjoyed it.
:+1:

2 Likes

Great job and story. Merry meatball to your family! :grinning:

4 Likes

Nice Job @Al1885 !

3 Likes

Nice work @JerryP @dlamson13 and others! Merry Christmas all.

3 Likes

Thanks @JDDaniel

2 Likes

Awesome jobs, everyone! And…

“This is Sheriff Buford T. Justice talking to whoever is listening…”

Merry Xmas Sum

8 Likes

Thanks @Barney, @JerryP , @Al1885, @Vince, @JDDaniel! They play it a lot here in Pennsylvania, suprised many haven’t heard it, glad you liked it!

Nice! I shared your WWL cover with Cora and she loved it :slight_smile:
Oh…and @JerryP’s cover as well, your singers inspired her to sing on an upcoming cover of mine. So thanks for that, the older she gets the less she wants to hang with me, so I do appreciate the things we do together more :heart: And also thanks for kicking us in the butt at the beginning of the month to get some covers up, I didn’t commit to doing it until then.
Merry Christmas All!

4 Likes

Nice job @dlamson13 ! Love the cooperative effort - makes it that much better…

Outside Philly here - never heard it either :slight_smile: But this year I pretty much limited myself to the “Rockin Xmas” extra channel on SXM…

Also love the cooperative effort @JerryP - great job!

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 17.14.48

3 Likes

Hats off to you @Paul_9207 ! My brain doesn’t even recognize that tempo, much less my plucking hand. And for fretting hand, oh heck no! LoL

4 Likes