Post your Christmas covers

It’s officially Christmas season, so let’s share our covers or arrangements of Christmas songs. Include your bass playing, along with other instruments you play. Let your family members and pets join in. Let’s make this upbeat and cheerful, and just have some fun.

I arranged the piano part of Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas in early-October in preparation for a Christmas video that a group of us had discussed collaborating on as a Christmas surprise for @JoshFossgreen. That idea fizzled out, but I proceeded anyway. After recording the piano bit on October 15th (I upbeated it from its original sluggish 66 bpm to 80 bpm), I began creation of a bass score to go with it. What I came up with is a minimalistic bassline that compliments, but doesn’t overshadow the piano. I recorded the bass part on October 31st and added it to the video (of which I had already begun construction).
The last bit was my deaf spouse Sara signing to the song, which I recorded on November 19th. She did a splendid job, especially considering she’s unable to actually hear the song, and could only go by me holding up cue cards for her.
So, here’s my contribution. Let the Christmas music begin!
Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas

27 Likes

Very nice @PamPurrs Pam. Loved having Sara signing the lyrics.
Great job on the piano and bass as well.
:christmas_tree: :gift:

4 Likes

Here is my contribution, recorded last year.

21 Likes

Thanks @JerryP . I can’t wait to hear yours, as well as all the other contributions.

4 Likes

Great job as always @PamPurrs and kudos to Sara for joining the band!

One question for Sara…
Does ‘each’ Pam get her own gear spending allowance?

6 Likes

Great job @JerryP . That’s a fun Christmas song and you performed a great bass cover of it.

4 Likes

Good question! :thinking: I’ll propose that at our next family meeting :smiley_cat:

5 Likes

Excellent job @JerryP - I’ve been toying with this one on bass and sax.

6 Likes

Nice work!

4 Likes

Thanks

4 Likes

Thank you Pam, John and Howard!

2 Likes

Ooooops, I though @howard was talking about my piece. Sorry Howard.

1 Like

I was! Jerry yours is great too though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:smiley_cat:

1 Like

Great idea Pam! Sweet video. :slight_smile:

Here’s a couple Joshs from Christmas past:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVROgCuMMcs

21 Likes

Great videos @JoshFossgreen . Thank you for contributing.

2 Likes

@PamPurrs very cool and cool video editing skills! :+1:

2 Likes

@JerryP I like that song! Very cool and relaxed playing! Well done! :+1:

2 Likes

@JoshFossgreen Amazing! I especially like the second song “This christmas”. Haven’t heard that one before. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @Snoopy !

2 Likes