Post your Christmas covers

1 Like

Nice work @Ed ! Merry Christmas! :christmas_tree:

1 Like

I had to look up when this was made, as it sounded so 60s happy hippie style…as suspected released 1969, the Rick was a nice sound match for this

great work @Ed

:christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: Happy Holidays :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Thanks @JerryP - you too ! Have yourself a fine Christmas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Man and have a very happy holidays :gift: :christmas_tree: :gift:

I gather the song was written for a film called Kulig (Sleigh?) - I’ve never seen this but I am reliably informed by m’good lady wife that it involved a sleigh :slight_smile: . Judging by a quick youtube search, the group (Skaldowie) seem to be a real prog rock hippie band so I’m kind of surpised they did something this commercial. Having said that I wish I could come out with a real belter of a Christmas song to bring some money in every year. I’m looking at you Shaking Stevens! :wink:

2 Likes

That is the moddest Christmas song I have ever heard.
Very groo-vay!
You need some go-go dancers in the background!

2 Likes

hah yeah :smile: - I get the impression a group of PhD Music grads were told to do it as a project for Christmas - “Make it a joyous song, Cuthbert, and it must be very groovy” :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So, first time for me to upload anything, like ever. I’ve been playing on and off for half a year. Bass wasn’t touched for a few months after the fire, since, well, many reasons. I really like this piece, but have not had time to really perfect it.

8 Likes

Good cover!

3 Likes

What a nice arrangement, that was great @Nebel!

2 Likes

Very nice Nebel! Great first effort. :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Merry Christmas bass buzzers! What a great thread, just had to contribute something :christmas_tree: I’m a big Pretenders fan, so one was a pretty easy choice. Here is my cover of “2000 miles”.

9 Likes

Don’t have anything to share as of yet since I’m just getting back into Bass and such but Happy Holidays to all the members! Old and New, young and old…cheers!

4 Likes

Very well done @dlamson13 ! You have the bunker decorated nicely for the holidays.
Merry Christmas! :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Merry Christmas Jerry, thank you!

2 Likes

Love it @Nebel !!

3 Likes

I was just thinking yesterday that we hadn’t seen a cover from you for some time. You must have been out shopping for that snazzy hat!

Great job as always.

2 Likes

Great job, Dan!

2 Likes

Thanks John! I took a little breather after the 50 songs, but might have some time to this week to get one more in for '23

1 Like

Thanks Paul, and also for getting the Christmas party started this year :tada:

2 Likes