Post your Christmas covers

First post showing a video of me playing and it’s not bass, sorry! This me, a child living permanently 9000 miles from home, a couple of weeks ago at my local open mic, trying to get through a 6 and a half minute song without crying in public. The original is White Wine in the Sun by Tim Minchin.

6 Likes

That’s awesome!

2 Likes

Nice Christmas song Paul. Never heard it before. Great cover!

1 Like

thanks Jerry!

1 Like

Well done @Paul_9207 x2!
Bass sounded a bit anemic tone wise to me but playing was solid.

1 Like

Great voice and everything @crumpet !!

2 Likes

Nice job Paul! I never heard it before either. Glad you brought this thread back.

3 Likes

Let’s do another, shall we? I just really like Christmas.

Michael Buble - The Christmas Sweater

7 Likes

If even more improved skills and creativity was on your Christmas list, Santa came early.**

3 Likes

Thanks @booker_t !

2 Likes

Great job Paul! Great sweaters too! :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Thanks Jerry!

1 Like

Holy cow @Paul_9207 I had totally lost track of listening to a cover and just listened to it as a song. well done!!!

2 Likes

I like a few good xmas songs (and xmas movies) at this time of year too
I had one in mind to learn, but I am in the middle of learning a handful of new songs that I am really into right now, so haven’t got to it unfortunately

Your two covers were both great anyway, enjoyed them
:christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:Happy Holidays :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Thank you @John_E !

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah, I had to put a couple songs on hold to get these done, but they were both fun. thanks again.

1 Like

Well it’s getting harder to find a song that hasn’t been done so this year I thought I would dig deep into the Polish Radio playlists, and I pulled out ‘Z kopyta kulig rwie’ by Skaldowie.

I’m not exactly sure what the song is about, or even if it’s about Christmas, but it’s getting a lot of rotatation at the moment alongside George Michael so I guess it’s seasonal. As far as I can tell, it’s about running through snow in horse-drawn sleighs.

The original bassline is probably a bit more complex than my version but I more or less got the general gist :slight_smile: . Anyway Happy Christmas or Wesołych Świąt as they say :slight_smile:

8 Likes

sounds good @Ed !

2 Likes

1 Like

Nice work @Ed ! Merry Christmas! :christmas_tree:

1 Like