Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thanks Pam @PamPurrs , that’s what lockdown will do to you, not that i mind :grinning:
Thanks John @John_E , some thing’s do go wrong, that’s why we keep pushing each other to be better :+1:
Thanks @sfadams , i agree Nightwish are an awesome band, its a pity Sami has left the band and trying to decide with vocalist i prefer is really difficult as they are both really great.
Thanks Bill @Lanny , i really enjoy covering Chris’s song’s, they can take you to another place :grin:, without having any of those wildwood weeds :joy: you don’t even have to leave the farm with that stuff and still have a great holiday :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Great job on all three! Left comments on the website .

3 Likes

thanks Jerry @JerryP ,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

This is a few months old… before i joined here

10 Likes

Great tune and even better jacket!

That’s a tough tune to stay in the groove for, admirable to attack it.
Timing swayed a bit over the song, but you kept up which is amazing.

1 Like

Madness always gets a thumbs-up!

After a month of trying off and on, Our House still eludes me. That is a messed up bass line. Mark Bedford is a seriously underrated, under-appreciated bass player
@JoshFossgreen, ska lesson, please?

4 Likes

Only 3 covers @TNKA36 ? :joy:
Great job on them all but especially the Nightwish one. Awesome cover of a great band :sunglasses:
Plenty of time to do a few more too. I reckon we’ll be in lockdown for the foreseeable future :rage:

Cool Madness cover @Old_WannaBe
I never really appreciated them until I saw a cover band at the Rock and Blues ( I think it was there) and watched the crowd reaction. Although only a cover band they still had everybody dancing

3 Likes

Didn’t say BAD.
It was Rad, very cool song. I liked it a lot, but not exactly the type of music I get exposed to often, so its cool you played that interesting song, or I may not have ever heard it, ever.

4 Likes

Nice workout @Old_WannaBe ,
That gets the fingers warmed up,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Great job @JerryP, I can’t say it any better then Lanny did, so I won’t even try, but the timing and tone were great.
Is that your new Hawaiian bass?

3 Likes

Nice Job, fun song to play, really get those fingers moving.
I did like this song, and the other few Madness hits, but never got too much beyond that.

Have not listened to yours yet Brian @TNKA36, I will get to it in a bit.
Just got the new iMac up and running and was setting stuff up, but once I got Safari up, and pulled up Bass Buzz forum, got stuck here for an hour now, and still have not cleared off the notifications.
Oh well, I really only needed the iMac for this forum, and garage band, so I will stick around to clear them before I take “one step beyond” (pun intended) clearing the notifications here on the forum.

3 Likes

Great job @Old_WannaBe ! Not familiar with the song/band but still enjoyed the performance.
:+1:

3 Likes

Thanks Toby!
I’ll be in Hawaii after the 11th, so on the 12th I’ll be checking out the local music stores for a possible used bass that normally would be out of my price range but may be discounted for a fast sale. If I don’t find something like that, I have my eye on the Ibanez I had mentioned in a previous thread.

3 Likes

Cool cover @Old_WannaBe even though I don’t know the song….

Timing a bit off in a few places, bit I think that was probably due to trying to read music and play at the same time.

It’s great that you have a reference point from before you started the course. Will be interesting to see a final result comparison…:grinning::grinning:

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes

So which bass are you playing?
I did not see it listed, did I just miss it?
I don’t recall seeing that one before. Have you done a cover with it before?

4 Likes

That is a bass I picked up from a website called Overstock dot com way back when I knew nothing about basses. It cost me $125.00 back then (2003). It’s a Lyon LB40 by Washburn but I recently had Seymour Duncan pickups, new pots, and D’Addario ECB81 Chrome Flats put on it. I’ve used it on quite a few covers, most recent was “The Gambler”. It just sounded right for this song.

4 Likes

I have seen those for sale from time to time, they look like just fine instruments.
Perfect first bass, nice to see you hold onto it and give it some new life👍🏻

4 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Ska Bass

So here’s my cover of Train Train by Blackfoot…. Although I know that @PamPurrs - Pam has already done this one, I decided to also do it since I love Southern Rock. Given the situation I’m in having to focus totally on the band, this will probably be the last cover I create and post…

I did not follow the original bass line since I wanted the bass to take front stage, and I also wanted to try to use fills that would give the song a bit more of a blues feeling and also try to emulate what I conceive a “Train Bassline” would sound and feel like. Enjoy!!

Keep On Thumpin’!
Lanny

https://youtu.be/dZQVP6InoS4

15 Likes

Good job @Lanny Lanny, it sounds quite similar to mine. I can’t say it’s better but it doesn’t matter. Awesome job on an awesome southern rock song!
Did you use the bass score that I posted here?

6 Likes