Post your covers! (2019-2022)

That was great! Lot’s of beautiful basses, but that purple and gold Music Man… it’s like jewelry, very pretty bass!

2 Likes

Thanks @John_E

Yeah i was going to go down the DAW road but man that’s gonna kill the mood so quick and dirty it is. Lol. Actuality, if I’d set all of the level the same it would have been ok. I’ll redo this one with just music man.

I recorded this on a zoom Q8N 4k I actually have 3 tracks of separate audio attached to each video.
Line 1 Music
Line 2 bass through DI box
Line3 Room XY mic
But doing all audio separately is the luxury I don’t have, lol.

1 Like

Thank you.

You are speaking my languages with that picture. It’s a widely known secret of life, Butter.

1 Like

Thanks @Paul_9207 I’ll redo this one with just music man basses, which gonna be very difficult each bass would only get a few seconds once on a 6 minute songs, lol.

2 Likes

Great cover @Al1885 ! Nice choice of the song I agree with John; need more HCjr.
:+1:

1 Like

Thanks @JerryP

I actually have a couple from the same album that im working on next month gig.

BTW, i posted a non bass cover of a favorite Beatles song check it out.

Remember this one? We all love the Hooker song, lol.
https://youtu.be/voKJnrfAh7o

3 Likes

table stakes :slight_smile:

i.e. you used a DAW the way it is meant to be used :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice cover :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to write my annual report of the thread, and to remember to please write clearly the author and name of the song :slight_smile: it saves me a lot of time … otherwise I have to use Shazam everytime to keep a list of each cover, and it does not work everytime.

4 Likes

Yeah this has been a good year :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Got it @terb I’m just name the YouTube title differently because I don’t want it to show up in anyone’s search, lol. I’ll go back and fix the songs later.

2 Likes

no problem, it’s OK for those ones. but yeah it would be cool for the future covers :slight_smile: thanks

2 Likes

Wow! Any lack of smoothness in the editing is overshadowed by fantastic playing and the bass beauty pageant :heart_eyes: Great stuff!!

2 Likes

Thank you kindly @stevesilver925

2 Likes

Mose excellent @Al1885 - So damn smooth and enjoyable! Nailed it!!

2 Likes

Thanks @Lanny watching your video, and @John_E and @JerryP really got my butt on fire and make the time, lol. I gotta find the way to streamline the process the last video was easy enough.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this qualifies as a cover It’s a Jaco inspired ballad piece. I had to make a 2 track as I’m still working on playing a few notes simultaneously and still keep the vibrato, lol.

Here’s Feugo

10 Likes

That’s cool ! Not sure if the light saturation is here on purpose but I like it :slight_smile:

I guess this song could fit to the thread : Post your original compositions

4 Likes

I can realistically work on one tune at a time, maybe mess around with a few, but not be able to record start to end so many.
you are da man @Al1885

5 Likes

Thabks @terb

It’s not original either, I’ve ingeniously stole it, lol.

Sorry misspoke not ingeniously, shamelessly.

3 Likes