Post a cover... Not bass

It seems like there are several members of the forum that have played one or more instruments before picking up the bass. I’d like to see your non bass covers.

2 Likes

Great thread idea!

Here’s all of mine:

My bandmate and I play all the instruments on these, and I sing (badly). I usually do the bass (of course), drum programming, keyboards, singing, and maybe a little guitar; my bandmate does the real guitar.

Previously in our band (decades back), I was the keyboards player, and also did drum programming and split sound engineering with another bandmate.

We’re using these covers to get back in to music production. Probably won’t go anywhere with it, but it’s super fun. We’ll need a real vocalist :rofl:

8 Likes

The only thing I have of me playing guitar, around 1998. I still have that Carvin guitar.

4 Likes

This was the only thing I recorded of me learning to play guitar. I didn’t practice guitar enough and found it very frustrating. I’m enjoying Bass much more.

It’s an old Peter Green tune (Albatross) that I’ve loved since I was young.

5 Likes

amazing tone…OMG I’d kill for that…you should have stuck with it

Yeah that’s a nice reverb!

1 Like

Here’s a fairly old dive-bar cover of Rival Sons’ ‘Rich and the Poor’, from their Great Western Valkyrie album (which I played to death back in 2015/2016). I’m the drummer, hence the drum-centric mix and me hogging the camera …

7 Likes

That reminds me, this is @sfadams playing drums on a half-done cover, with me on bass and keyboards. Still pending my bandmate laying down guitars and me singing it:

4 Likes

Tell him to get his finger out! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yeah that’s going to end up really good. Assuming we ever finish it :rofl:

2 Likes

Here are a couple drum covers.

Nada Surf - Treehouse
https://youtu.be/sGhFzj6sVFM

Owl City - Fireflies
https://youtu.be/iNMhoqHerqw

6 Likes

Alright, now that I’ve found the place for non-bass covers…
It may not be the blues but it sure makes me sad.
:grinning:

6 Likes

Wow! That came out really good. What did you use for the nice spectrum on the left?

1 Like

Thanks Howard! That’s one of the audio visualization effects in Wondershare Filmora. It’s a pretty cool video editor that I’m just starting to get the hang of. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s another. Are you up to the challenge? Can you endure the whole 6 minutes?
:grinning:

5 Likes

More non-bass coverage… but the stock video footage I used does have an upright. :grinning:

3 Likes

Nice! I like the vocal effects. Reverb and light chous?

2 Likes

And some slapback delay. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounded cool!

1 Like

Dude, the Joy Division and New Order Covers are amazing! Seriously good. I think I only listened to one or two of these when you posted and I didn’t get back to them. Really well done.

1 Like