Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Great covers tonight @Al1885! Make you Feel My Love is such a beautiful song, really like this version, and you played it just right, with such nice feel. The U-Bass always surprises me how big it sounds. I’m always expecting a wimpy Somewhere over the Rainbow uke sound or when I see one, but this is legit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @dlamson13 Ubass is definitely fun to play, I have the acoustic and the solid body, the solid body is much shorter but it’s pretty cool.

1 Like

hmmm… can you explain more? not relaxed enough? hardest part for me was choking off the open A before the low F. I think i choked it too short to make sure i could male the F in time

2 Likes

When you play live shorter note value is better than longer, it gives a good vibe to a live performance.

What I said about dynamic is the uneven loudness, your cover is a syncopated piece that needs some uneven unexpected pickup notes, it would give the song the lively energy.

This is the song I’m working on right now is a good example of dynamic syncopation check it out. If every note has the same loudness it would not have the funky feel.

2 Likes

Love it @JerryP ! Great transcription as it sounded spot on.

@Al1885 - awesome job with ALL THOSE covers. Man that was a bunch; don’t know how you do it.

2 Likes

Great covers @Al1885 , but :

name of the artist please ? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Howard!

Yes, with LaBella Flats, AmpegSVT sim.

3 Likes

Thanks John!
Just another “Cryin’ in my beer” country song.

2 Likes

Thank you @dlamson13 ! It’s a really nice bass to play.

3 Likes

Thanks JD!

2 Likes

All great covers Al! Especially like the Kala u Bass.
I’ll trade you my stretching ability for your memorization skills.

3 Likes

Norah Jones I believe

2 Likes

Dude, you need a band :upside_down_face::love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

This is my favorite! Great Job @Al1885 !

2 Likes

She’s an obscure foreign artist not really famous but thanks to her famous father, she was able to be heard on radio, I think it’s Moira or Norma I have to look it up, lol.

1 Like

Right Norah, lol

1 Like

I’m in a couple, lol. It’s funny I recorded quite few “demo” and it was in an album overseas but never got the credits, luckily I have a healthy ego otherwise I’d go nuts. Lol.

1 Like

Thanks @RuknRole uptempo worship songs are always great as people really gets in to it and the energy feeds to the musicians playing it.

2 Likes

Very nice @JerryP I like a bit of country and if it’s a crying in my beer song all the better. If you want an advert for how there’s pretty much no difference between a high end Squier and a Mexican Fender then that’s it right there. It looks great, sounds great and probably feels great to play.

Now @Al1885 something tells me this isn’t your first rodeo? Not much all year from you then 5 in what looks like the same day! I’d never heard the Scary Pockets version (I know that song from Adele) but yet again thanks to this thread it’s another one added to my playlist.

I enjoyed them all. I particularly liked the tone plastic you were using on the tuners to bring out the richness of the notes :wink:

Make You Feel My love was my favourite. Lovely playing.

3 Likes

Thanks @Barney I believe To make you feel my love was Bob Dylan and make famous by Garth Brook then decade later it’s the Brits who revived it.

2 Likes