Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thanks JD!

2 Likes

All great covers Al! Especially like the Kala u Bass.
Iā€™ll trade you my stretching ability for your memorization skills.

3 Likes

Norah Jones I believe

2 Likes

Dude, you need a band :upside_down_face::love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

This is my favorite! Great Job @Al1885 !

2 Likes

Sheā€™s an obscure foreign artist not really famous but thanks to her famous father, she was able to be heard on radio, I think itā€™s Moira or Norma I have to look it up, lol.

1 Like

Right Norah, lol

1 Like

Iā€™m in a couple, lol. Itā€™s funny I recorded quite few ā€œdemoā€ and it was in an album overseas but never got the credits, luckily I have a healthy ego otherwise Iā€™d go nuts. Lol.

1 Like

Thanks @RuknRole uptempo worship songs are always great as people really gets in to it and the energy feeds to the musicians playing it.

2 Likes

Very nice @JerryP I like a bit of country and if itā€™s a crying in my beer song all the better. If you want an advert for how thereā€™s pretty much no difference between a high end Squier and a Mexican Fender then thatā€™s it right there. It looks great, sounds great and probably feels great to play.

Now @Al1885 something tells me this isnā€™t your first rodeo? Not much all year from you then 5 in what looks like the same day! Iā€™d never heard the Scary Pockets version (I know that song from Adele) but yet again thanks to this thread itā€™s another one added to my playlist.

I enjoyed them all. I particularly liked the tone plastic you were using on the tuners to bring out the richness of the notes :wink:

Make You Feel My love was my favourite. Lovely playing.

3 Likes

Thanks @Barney I believe To make you feel my love was Bob Dylan and make famous by Garth Brook then decade later itā€™s the Brits who revived it.

2 Likes

Thanks @Barney

Yes, it does feel great to play which is why Iā€™m taking it with me for my three month trip to San Diego next week.

3 Likes

Hey awesome @JerryP let me know if the SoupPlantation is now reopen. I think itā€™s in La Mesa. Iā€™ll join you there while you are there.

1 Like

Great work as always @Old_WannaBe @JerryP @Al1885 you guys are keeping this thread alive :metal::metal:

6 Likes

Iā€™ll check it out and let you know.

Sneaking one more in for 2022, I had forgotten I learned this one (I have been working so much on another tune).

Squire Bass VI with many many upgrades.
I guess you can call this the official starter song of the Bass VI, recoā€™ed by @Barney

This makes 21 covers for the year.

Happy New Year everyone!

10 Likes

Did I ā€˜recommendā€™ that bass? It looks absolutely fantastic though.
The list of Beatles songs I really like is a relatively short list (Itā€™s OK we can have different opinions) but this is always up at the top. I love this song.
The bass sounded great in the mix with my headphones, a little more difficult to pick out on my Imac speakers. I went and listened to the original and thatā€™s how it sounds in the mix. So spot itā€™s on.

21 is a nice number to round out the year. A scandium of covers.

Happy New Year buddy :heart:

5 Likes

Great cover to end the year! I was fooling around with this, albeit the ā€˜cleanā€™ version (with phil Spectorā€™s interference), but I never finished it.
Great job John! Happy New Year!
:+1:

5 Likes

You recoā€™ed the song when I got the bass.

5 Likes

Happy New Year John! Lovely song to close the year on, nicely done. Be careful with that Bass VI though, it could be a gateway to an expensive guitar habit :slight_smile:

3 Likes