Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Ill plug it in and find out what happens.

Hang on . . .

1 Like

Well I plugged it in and it said ā€˜Setting up Fender USB Audioā€™
Then it said ā€˜Fender USB Audio is now set upā€™

No clue as to where it is though, unless itā€™s in audio devices - itā€™s certainly not in the ā€˜This PCā€™ section.

Ah well, Iā€™m not about to start using it now anyway, but at least I now know my PC recognises it.

1 Like

Start a DAW like Audacity or Reaper and see if it is available as a line input.

2 Likes

I use a USB directly from a modelling amp, directly into my computerā€™s USB port, with Audacity to record. Itā€™s not a sophisticated setup, but for basic recording, it should be fine, especially if your computer is recognizing it.

2 Likes

Ok thanks Howard

1 Like

Thanks Vik

1 Like

I just checked into this. That USB out on the Fender Rumble 40 is a DAI.

Hereā€™s a page from Fender Support on how to set it up.
Recording with Fender Rumble 40

5 Likes

Oh thatā€™s just great. Really helpful
Thanks Eric

1 Like

OK, I guess itā€™s time I posted something hereā€¦ and it is a cover of sortsā€¦

This is a song by the guys I started to play with - guitar player (who typically plays with a guitar synth slaved to the guitar) and drummer. They had made a (low key) recording in the rehearsal room, and the guitar player then added some overdubs later (a bit of keyboard and some bass). I found the bass hard to discern on the original recording I got, so I didnā€™t even bother EQ-ing it outā€¦ but just added my own bassline - hence, a kind of cover.

So, here it isā€¦ no sonic revelation, with the occasional small blunders (I start early with them as I come in a bit early on my third note), but all in all quite OK. The tune is called ā€œFull Moonā€:

Hope this link works!? (Composer credits stated on SoundCloud page!)

8 Likes

Well done @joergkutter! Very melodic, peaceful, and intriguing! Felt as if I was on a journey through time and your bass line was providing the means of transportationā€¦!!

Kudos my friend!

Keep on Thumpinā€™!
Lanny

3 Likes

Very nice. Love the tone. Which bass is that?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s cool ! I think we should open a thread like ā€œPost your songs!ā€ for original compositions, because itā€™s not really a cover, itā€™s a real new song :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the nice compliment, @Lanny - much obliged!

Thanks, @howard - itā€™s my Yammy (the TRB5Pii), through Garageband using a modern stack and a little bit of chorus.

Thanks, @terb - I think there is thread for that already, but I guess it hasnā€™t seen any action since, oh, January perhaps :grin:

3 Likes

@joergkutter Well done, sir. Keep them coming.

3 Likes

Thank you kindly :smile:

1 Like

I like it and what a great way to end my day with a mellow track! And yeah, an original song is pretty above and beyond. Keep us updated on the band stories too - this is interesting, to see how this ends up evolving.

2 Likes

Nice. That thing sounds great. What a nice bass.

2 Likes

Glad to hear, @Vik! Thanks!

1 Like

Bloody great mate!

2 Likes

Youā€™re being really too hard on yourself man. Youā€™re fingering was pretty much spot on. The speed thing doesnā€™t really apply until you have the song under your fingers anyway, which you do! Persevere my friend, it WILL happen! Oh to be blissfully unaware!

2 Likes