Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Awesome! That song was a big radio hit when it came out. Well done!

6 Likes

Another great cover @JerryP :+1:
Man , you make it look so easy :metal:t2::sunglasses:

6 Likes

Thank you gentlemen @howard & @Mac. It was something different than I’m used to.
:smiley:

6 Likes

Nice job @JerryP, that and “Joey” by Concrete Blonde were the first songs I ever learnt on bass. You playing that reminded me of the satisfaction I got from finally playing a song.

5 Likes

Well done @JerryP. I love that song and you covered it well! :+1:

5 Likes

Thank you @russki98 & @PamPurrs!

5 Likes

Wow, what a great job you did on that cover. Keep up the great work!

5 Likes

Thanks Toby and welcome back!

5 Likes

hey @JerryP , that’s nice ! your tone works well with the song, and if you want to try something different I think this kind of pop/punk/rock song is perfect to try playing with a pick :grin:

6 Likes

Thank you Laurent @terb. You hit on two things I was concerned about with this cover.
I first tried to play this with a pick, but I kept making a lot of mistakes and yes, I should have kept with it, but I felt it was a losing battle. The second was the tone. I wasn’t 100% happy with the tone, but that was the best I could come up with that sounded good given my limited amount of gear. I’m glad you liked the tone, I feel better about it now. :grin:

4 Likes

Hi Jerry, @JerryP,
A few things,
Great solid chugging, your finger plucking is awesome👍
Nice tones and your attack was spot on.
I bet you impressed the hell out of your son😎
Great job👍
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Hey @russki98,
Concrete blonde are one of the most underrated bands of all time.
Although “Joey” was their only song to have mainstream success, they have IMO recorded some of the best stuff I’ve heard👍
Maybe I’m in love with Johnette😍
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Thanks Brian! @TNKA36 I haven’t heard from him yet so we’ll see what he thinks of it. The song is really not in my wheel house but judging from everyone has said I guess I didn’t muck it up too badly.
Thanks again!

5 Likes

You did a great job Jerry, I don’t know the song at all, but your playing was right in the slot👍
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

@PamPurrs looking good girl/gal, that’s most excellent Pam, the full production is awesome. :rose:
Jamie

6 Likes

@PamPurrs and @JerryP quite impressive and really a joy to watch and listen to you both.
Excellent job :+1: :+1: :+1: :star_struck:

5 Likes

Thank you @Jamietashi. I’m glad you watched/listened to the entire video. I wanted to do something in tribute to the late Gary Moore.

5 Likes

Thank you @bernds64!!

5 Likes

Very nice work, @PamPurrs . . . bass, video, and website! :slight_smile:

You’ve got lots of talent as well as perserverance . . . :+1:

6 Likes

Thank you Joe @Jazzbass19

6 Likes