Post your covers! (2019-2022)

That was a great cover Pam, I really loved listening to your playing and the production quality was excellent.
Only thing is I would have liked to get just a touch more bass in the mix, and hear it cut thru the mix a little more. and I mean just a teeny tiny bit more, other then that, it was fantastic. You should be very proud of yourself and pleased with all the work you put in to yield results such as this.
I can’t wait to see / hear more.

6 Likes

Thank you Toby @T_dub
As to “more bass in the mix”, that’s a balancing act… Do I overpower the song, or do I ‘serve the tune’ (as my bass coach taught me).
I ran the original cut by a couple people on the forum, and was advised by @TNKA36 Brian that my bass over saturated the mix, so I toned it down.
I listen to it on headphones or my car stereo and it sounds well balanced to me.
I’ll keep your advice in mind for future covers though. Thank you.

6 Likes

I agree with the choice you made.

6 Likes

Agreed, and I was not trying to be critical, I was just saying, I would like to hear a tiny bit (balance being right tiny amount) more, but it is still brilliant, and the mix part is just my preference, so if you are happy with it, then it is right for sure.

4 Likes

@PamPurrs I had marked this post for a revisit when I had a chance to listen. Fabulous work and production, thank you for sharing it :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thank you @Ben

4 Likes

I’m currently working at Like a Stone from Audioslave.

Please give your reviews…

https://soundcloud.com/user-773148929/like-a-stone

3 Likes

Hi @Guto,
It must have been taken down🤔
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Yeah sadly soundcloud is not a good choice for posting covers.

4 Likes

AAAFFFFFFF

How can I do it then???

4 Likes

YouTube worked for me, but only because the copyright holder has a deal with YouTube.

4 Likes

I was hoping I could easily share my covers here… Damn

4 Likes

Me too !!! :scream:

It’s a cool but very emotional song . The loss of Chris Cornell impacted quite a bit with me especially as I was very low at the time and I must confess I did have a tear roll down my cheek at the point where he sings without the band.

7 Likes

@Guto I tried soundcloud and they refused my cover as well cause of owner rights. Now I place it at onedrive or icloud and share it, which works well obviously

7 Likes

That’s a great idea!! I’ll try with Google drive!

7 Likes

Were it me, I’d avoid hosting copyrighted material in anything tied to my google account. Youtube worked for me but that’s because there was already a publisher deal in place with them, so it wasn’t a copyright strike.

7 Likes

@Guto,
I use Vimeo for my covers. So far I have not had any copyright issues. Also you can use them for free for up to 500Mb of storage a week.

7 Likes

Because the shit can hit the fan and become serious?

Yeah, maybe I’ll just keep the recordings to myself…

4 Likes

Soundcloud removed it

5 Likes

Soundcloud understandingly won’t want the hassles of copyright infringement cases and really aggressively police any posts that they think will cause them grief.
I’ve just canned my account with them because I don’t have any use other than uploading my attempts at playing covers to their site

5 Likes