Post your covers! (2019-2022)

she likes sludgecore and dark country, and she’s not afraid of some brutal death metal occasionnally … :grin:

I must confess I use less the pick those times !

:joy:

8 Likes

:heart_eyes:

My wife and I have very different musical tastes. She’s also more accomplished than I am (used to be an R&B singer and is a better keyboardist than I am - and not interested in music at all right now, fml :slight_smile:

7 Likes

please do

5 Likes

Another great cover Laurent @terb,
Love the low growl from the new family member :sunglasses:
I have never heard the song before, not my cup of tea, but always interesting to hear something different, only criticism is I didn’t see anything Christmas in your video​:joy::joy:.
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

I admit, I admit … :joy:

7 Likes

Great cover @terb
I’ve dabbled with the tune but find I got bored with it and lost my concentration !

6 Likes

Nice cover @terb Laurent! Interesting song, never heard it before.
Good job!

5 Likes

I think it’s probably the best song they did before Doolittle.

3 Likes

that’s funny, I really though it was a very well know song ! I’m surprised a lot of people here didn’t knew it. This song is a part of the Fight Club movie soundtrack.

5 Likes

Part of it is in the US the Pixies (despite being super influential) were, like most of indie rock, not really on “normal” rock radio and were instead “alternative rock” at the time. Being on 4AD didn’t help that; definitely an indie label, especially at the time. Also argubly the single best indie label of all time, but still :slight_smile:

This changed a bit after Doolittle though as they became massively more popular. But Surfer Rosa was still solidly an indie album before they became more well known.

7 Likes

I don’t remember hearing that song in the movie. This gives me an excuse to watch it again. :smiley_cat:

6 Likes

nice cover! that’s one of the first songs I could play (sloppily) all the way through on bass. it is kind of repetitive but at least there’s ample opportunity to play with dynamics.

6 Likes

the fast part at the end of each phrase is not so obvious if you’re searching to keep a clean timing AND dynamics. but the bass line works well without this fast part. and also the original line is played with a pick, so this bass line could be a really excellent exercise for pick playing. highly recommended.

6 Likes

OK gang…
I thought I would do only one Christmas cover this year, but a family member asked for this so here it is. As always, comments and criticisms are welcomed!

14 Likes

Great tone! Timing seemed great too, nice work.

Hard to find suggestions for improving this one. Only thing I noticed was sometimes the dynamics were maybe a little uneven? Plucking some notes harder than others, etc. It’s a super minor nit to pick though, well done.

5 Likes

Thanks @howard! Yes, I still have that problem. I think you can find it on all my covers if you look. I think it comes from me trying to anticipate what’s coming next and I get a little anxious and pluck hard. I’m not sure how to fix that. Valium maybe?

7 Likes

It’s really no big deal at all, and more of an intermediate kind of problem. I do it too, which is probably why I notice it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very nice @JerryP. The bass is just the right level for the song and you played it well.

4 Likes

Thanks @PamPurrs Pam! Yeah, I thought the level was just right this time.
:grinning:

4 Likes

Very nicely played, @JerryP . . . (and the hat helps! :wink: lol)

Cheers, Joe

4 Likes