Post your covers! (2019-2022)

I am sure it would, but I am still trying to navigate the strings as they are now… and I am not likely to be called to sit in at a doomer/sludger/stoner gig anytime soon :grin:

3 Likes

Don’t limit yourself! I tried Jazz! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me too!! Failed at it so far… :rofl:

Kidding aside - you are right of course: one shouldn’t limit oneself! It is not that I think stoner etc is “beneath” me or something (possibly quite the opposite); I just don’t think I could wrap my head around it enough to ever be good at it!

2 Likes

Cool! What material will you use? I’ve not made one yet for my bass’s but have made them before for my guitars and used deer antlers with pretty good success - just gotta make sure to use only the bark portion and not the porous center area. Cow bone is suppose to work good too but never tried it since I’m not in the habit of going “Cow” hunting😂.

3 Likes

I have a bone block that I’ve bought for this purpose, I don’t know much more ! it’s a … white rectangle … :joy:

3 Likes

Probably cow bone which is typically the bone of choice for making nuts.

2 Likes

Just when you thought this can’t get any weirder :rofl: Thanks, @Lanny and @terb!

4 Likes

In the spring and summer there are cows in the field next to our house. Do you think anybody would notice if I just took a tiny piece of bone?

4 Likes

the bass player of Sleuthfoot himself commented my last cover on Youtube ! how cool is that ? :sunglasses:

10 Likes

That’s REALLY Cool @terb!!! Really cool!

2 Likes

Whoa! Awesome!

2 Likes

That is just beyond COOL, @terb! Like the ultimate stamp of approval - you should get a new badge from @JoshFossgreen for your profile :grin:

3 Likes

Isn’t that so much better all round than a threatening message about copyright? It’s positive and only serves to engage & expand their audience and musical reach.

It’s also a bit cool when you get a famous person (preferably one you like) engage with you, isn’t it? My best/favourite (so far) is a message from Jerry Ryan - nothing to do with music, unless the time signature is 7:9 :wink:

6 Likes

Oh boy, that took some time to compute :grin:Now, you’ll have to explain how you “engaged” with her??!!

4 Likes

Carefully, but ultimately resistance was futile.

4 Likes

Very clever, @PeteP, but I think we are entitled to details :grin: (BassBot is all ears now, too!)

5 Likes

Just some Tweets that got shared and replied to. Nothing special, but I’m a Star Trek fan and my wife is a big 7 of 9 fan so it even impressed her.

5 Likes

Is that really the whole story :thinking: What do you think, @bassbot fortune ?

2 Likes

:crystal_ball: Cannot predict now

1 Like

sure ! but I’m pretty sure the copyright thing is more about the labels than the musicians. taking the covers as a study case, those things help to spread music around and talk about the bands. Sleuthfoot is a good example : I bet nobody here knew about this band before I did this cover :grin:

in the past I also talked with Dave Curran (bass player of Unsane, who also plays with Pigs) and some guys of Marmozets, and other more or less famous musicians. this one with the bass player of Sleuthfoot is especially cool for me, because it’s all about my bass playing and his composition on a very recently released album, there is something very personnal here, almost intimate :relaxed:

6 Likes