Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Great cover @kerushlow

2 Likes

Great work on the cover @kerushlow , one of my favorite songs to play through. Those sixteenth triplets are tough to handle while staying on the beat, usually trip me up. Nice tone also.

3 Likes

Nice cover @kerushlow - and I dig all the comic book / Superman wall art!

6 Likes

Thatā€™s the toughest part of the song in my opinion, and then transferring back to riff from it. You would think itā€™s the fill, but no!

3 Likes

Thanks! Yeah the timing on that one is tricky, especially on the 16th notes that suddenly drop in speed back to the riff. Covers have never been my thing, I always make my own riffs, improv, noodle, play my original songs. But I see value to it now, itā€™s good practice and helps you work on things like that. Playing to a track is weird too, Iā€™ve only really ever played along with other musicians. Iā€™ll try and do more of these though and hopefully will get better!

3 Likes

Thanks! It is my sons roomā€¦but Iā€™d be lying if I said I wasnā€™t a big comic book nerd!

3 Likes

That was great, Kurt @kerushlow . . . :slight_smile: :metal:

Cheers
Joe

3 Likes

Thank you! That is probably my favorite RATM basslineā€¦and maybe song.

2 Likes

Great cover @kerushlow!

2 Likes

Thanks Jerry! Commerford is one of my favorite bassists!

5 Likes

Covered my own songā€¦is that a cover?

10 Likes

So no :wink:

6 Likes

Good non-cover though :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nice playing @kerushlow

4 Likes

Well done bro. That is nice.

4 Likes

Thanks all! Itā€™s a fun song to play!

4 Likes

Great job @kerushlow!

3 Likes

Happy Friday everyone. Hereā€™s my cover of the Sam & Dave classic, ā€œSoul Man.ā€ Originally recorded in 1967 at Stax Records in Memphis, TN featuring the Stax house band with Duck Dunn on bass. Some fun syncopation going on with this one.

Recorded direct to interface on a Fender P with flats and tone turned down. Bass is boosted in mix (used moises to remove bass from original).

In memory of Donald ā€œDuckā€ Dunn 1941 - 2012

17 Likes

You mixed that real well and got a great tone for it!

6 Likes

Very nicely done @bjams. Great song and you did the Duck justice with your tone and timing.

6 Likes