Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Very nice and I look forward to hearing it!

2 Likes

Great job @Noisembryo,
The mix sounds pretty good to me.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Nice job @Noisembryo! Mix sounded fine to me.
:+1:

4 Likes

I use this site to get a backing track (not the original artist) that you can mute any vocal/instrument of the song. Itā€™s about $2.99 a song but once you buy it, you can re-mix it any way you like.

6 Likes

Thanks @JerryP!

3 Likes

Thanks, @sfadams!

Moises is exactly what Iā€™ve been looking for. Itā€™s not perfect, but it does a much better job extracting bass lines than what Iā€™d been using. I would tweak the EQ settings on Audacity until I got rid of most of the bass line. This often left me with a track that sounded like it was recorded at the bottom of a well. :roll_eyes:

I had also been buying tracks from Karaoke-version but even with an inventory of over 41,000 songs there are a lot of covers I want to do that they donā€™t have.

I was even considering RX8, but it seems like overkill when all I want to do is extract bass lines from songs. Besides, at $400 (not on sale) I could buy another bass!

Iā€™ll undoubtedly spring for the paid version, as it is more than reasonable and I like supporting developers that make software that I need.

5 Likes

No problem @spidey9. Enjoy! :slightly_smiling_face:
Make sure to let us know when you post your first cover here that has used Moises :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Looks like I may need to get some studio monitors in order to do some covers. I do have an aux Cable for my amp But it would play it off of the phoneā€¦which is what I would use to recordā€¦and might not workā€¦

1 Like

I guess it comes down to how we choose to spend our money, and what our objectives are. Some people spend money on pedal after pedal. Some on one bass after another. I choose to spend my money on function and saving time and effort. RX8 is just a tool, just like buying a table saw or router for woodworking. They too are expensive, but they save time and labor.
As to the cost of RX8, I felt the same way when I was considering the purchase (it was on sale for $300). But then I thought about all the money I had wasted flipping pedals and stomp boxes, multi-effects, etc. and I finally decided $300 is not bad considering all the different functions RX8 has (In addition to isolating and/or stripping bass from tracks).
The money is spent, I own RX8 for life, and I use it frequently. I have no regrets.
Iā€™ve never tried that Moises one, so I canā€™t comment on how they compare in terms of effectively removing the bass.

4 Likes

Thanks for the Moises suggestion @sfadams, this is great. Just tried it for ā€œI Want You Backā€ which has given me trouble in other software, and it works so much better than anything I could get out of Garageband or Audacity. Still might eventually buy RX8 for its full feature set but this is perfect for now. :+1:

7 Likes

Alright, used Moises. Free version only gives 5 minutes of song. Decided to give Killing in the Name a shot as I just learned it yesterday and always loved that song. Also just put the song aux in my phone through My ampā€¦EQ and stuff didnā€™t have options. Used SVT Amp and cab sim on my zoom pedal. Made a mistake on a transfer, probably some little timing things or flubs, but Iā€™ve never played along to a track before! So here it is!

16 Likes

@kerushlow love the cover choice, but at the link I get ā€œCouldnā€™t preview file. Owner prevented downloads and playback of this audio fileā€

1 Like

Replaced above with vimeo

2 Likes

excellent cover @kerushlow ! also excellent song choice, I myself have several RATM songs on my TODO list :grin: also Moises seems to do its work pretty well, Iā€™ll have to give it a try too !

5 Likes

Thanks! Yeah Moises is surprisingly good.

5 Likes

Donā€™t say I didnā€™t warn ya ā€¦ :sunglasses:

PS. Great cover.

5 Likes

I just tried Moises. itā€™s impressive but the bass removal is kinda extreme, it makes a BIG hole in the mix. depending on the song I believe it can work like a charm, and on other songs it could be interesting to mix it with another track where the bass would have been removed by old-school EQing.

very impressive technology anyway !

3 Likes

Nice job @kerushlow,
Couple little timing issues, but like you said itā€™s something that you just started playing it yesterday, thatā€™s pretty impressive :+1:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

You can vary the bass removal amount on the slider. Itā€™s not all or nothing.

5 Likes

oh ok, thanks :smiley:

3 Likes