Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Yeah. Final Cut will even do the sync for you. Other video editors you probably need to do the “line up the obvious transients” trick, but that’s not hard. His drumstick countin at the start would have been perfect.

4 Likes

Very nice cover. I enjoyed playing it along with your.
I had to earn it first, but it was such a fun baseline, I couldn’t just sit and watch, I had to join in the fun.
Excellent, well played, well mixed.

4 Likes

very much in the spirit of Dave Ghroll, DIY, all parts.
You gonna top it off with the guitar and vocals at some point?

In all seriousness, Not that I was not serious about you doing tribute to a song by playing more than one part.
you played both well, I am very impressed.

4 Likes

Many thanks Toby @T_dub. Glad you liked it.

4 Likes

Magnificent job on both the skins and the bass. I often wish I would have kept up on the drums after high school. You’re pretty good on them (bass too).

5 Likes

Many thanks Pam. My drumming journey has a few more miles on the clock compared to my bass. But I am trying hard to catch up :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

What’s up everyone, here is my cover of this great classic song from David Bowie. Props to Tony Visconti on writing this beautiful bass line, I really enjoyed transcribing and recording this.

Youtube video is partially blocked so I’m gonna include Vimeo as well.

David Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk66F5RUvEE

12 Likes

Good cover, don’t take this the wrong way but it sounds to me like your drumming is better then bass playing.

:+1:

4 Likes

Good job @Noisembryo

5 Likes

Well done!

5 Likes

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

@spidey9 same, Duck is who got me interested in bass in the first place. imo his playing pretty much teaches you all you need to know about staying in the pocket.

@T_dub glad you enjoyed playing along! I use this as a rhythm warmup a lot, or if I just need to inject some positive vibes into my day.

5 Likes

Nice @sfadams! did you play drums before bass or something you picked up along with bass? I was looking at electric drum sets the other day… playing drums just looks like a ton of fun. Well played :clap:

Edit: just saw you answered my question already

5 Likes

Great cover @Noisembryo, love the song choice. Well played.

6 Likes

very nice @Noisembryo ! for some reason I don’t know Bowie very well, it was a good occasion to listen to this song :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Very nice cover @Noisembryo,
Not sure if I’m a fan of Bowie’s original??
I love Nirvana’s cover of it :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

I also liked Nirvana’s version better for a long time but something changed down the line and I prefer original. I think it has to do with Bowie’s vocals on the outro section.

4 Likes

I appreciate Bowie but there are such stellar covers of his stuff that usually I prefer the covers.

4 Likes

I heard some but still prefer originals, Bowie’s sound is just somehow better in the end for me. Post some covers of his songs in that dedicated thread, I’m interested in hearing them.

2 Likes

Already got at least one of them there, probably the king of Bowie covers, Bauhaus covering Ziggy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhJZrRV5YKo

Even Bowie has said he liked that one better than his.

4 Likes

Great job on two fronts @sfadams! A one man rhythm section!
:+1:

5 Likes