Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Warning Long and Awkward Bass Silences at the beginning and the end…

Bass starts at 01:00 and ends at 05:20…

8 Likes

Very nice. Great P-bass tone. I’d not heard of this band before. Will have to check out more of their work.

3 Likes

Nice bassline @Fahri I could barely hear the backing track while you were playing, but I’m sure your bass goes well with the song.

5 Likes

Thanks! We have a female vocal so the band chose this version, they have lots of other interesting covers!

Isn’t that how we make “bass covers”? The bass should be covering everything else right?.. Right?

Seriously though you are correct with your observation I record these as mile stones to keep track of my progress so I prefer the bass to be easily heard in the mix but this time around it’s simply too loud…

6 Likes

Nice Job @Fahri and GREAT tone.
What bass is that?

6 Likes

Thanks!
It’s Fender Vintera 50s Precision through Markbass Combo Head 2 preamp

6 Likes

Nice job @Fahri ,
Yes it is an epic, but you had a nice tone :+1:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Very well done @Fahri ! Haven’t heard the song before.
:+1:

5 Likes

Haven’t heard this version or Nothing Else Matters from Metallica before?

6 Likes

No, can’t say I have. Nice song though. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Okay Bass Buzzers, I was going to post this on my 2 year bassiversary June 5th, but I unexpectedly finished it today and can’t wait 3 days to post it! Here it is:

People are Strange is one of my favorite Doors songs written and sung by the late Jim Morrison who suffered extreme depression, but was never adequately treated. Enough of that:

It’s in B Major, and I wrote the bassline completely by ear without the usual aid of Chordify chord charts. Ariane Cap told me to break away from Chordify, so that’s what I’m doing.

Played on my new ESP with Thomastik-Infeld JF344 flats. My Tech21 VTBass is in play, but no pedals were used. I added a light touch of chorus in post production in Davinci Resolve, my video editor.
As always, I had lots of fun making the video. Please enjoy.
People are Strange - (pampurrs.com)

11 Likes

Hi Pam @PamPurrs ,
for some reason it wont open up on your website??
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Hmmm that’s odd. I am able to open it. Are you getting an error message or anything?

3 Likes

Very nice playing and I enjoyed the video.
And very nice bass also.

4 Likes

Thank you @juli0r

4 Likes

Awesomeness @PamPurrs
Love that deeeep tone your getting on that slick bass of yours!

5 Likes

No I’m not getting anything,
just you standing with the bass in front of the people in the background, i will try again

4 Likes

Something doesn’t sit quite right here. At the moments I feel like you are out of key and your overall sound is a bit flatter than the original melody. Maybe it’s one of those instances where they sped up the tape like in Highway to Hell so unless you tune your bass to that exact pitch it sounds weird.

1 Like

Yeah, that ESP does put out a nice tone doesn’t it?

4 Likes

Great job.
Love the bass.
I should have a P bass to rival it soon :wink:

5 Likes