Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Great job Pam. I left a comment on the website.
:+1:

4 Likes

Same here. Great background though! (Thatā€™s about all I can say at the moment!)
EDIT: Itā€™s OK now (playing ā€¦)

2nd EDIT: Excellent! I left a comment. Especially loved the ā€œAmericaā€™s Funniest Home Videoā€ section.

I think the glitch was my anti-malware software running its standard scan. Once that had finished, I could start the video.

5 Likes

Bass sounds awesome there Pam, love the ESP. Playing is great too.

However:

Yeah, I heard this too, itā€™s more apparent in the midrange notes. So thereā€™s a few possibilities:

• Slightly out of tune (unlikely, Iā€™m sure you tuned up for this)
  • Bass intonation is off (maybe? Did you intonate the bass after changing strings?)
  • Recording is off (I actually think this is the most likely as lots of older recordings are slightly off)
5 Likes

I honestly canā€™t detect what you are referring to @howardā€¦ it sounds fine to me, but then my hearing isnā€™t as acute as I would like it to be.
The bass is (was) tuned when I recorded the bass line, and the intonation seems to be fine. I just checked, and the A string intonation is slightly off, but it doesnā€™t seem like enough to make a huge difference.
Iā€™m not going to redo it, soā€¦ it is what it is.

5 Likes

I honestly donā€™t think it is anything you did. But thereā€™s parts in there where it sounds to me like the guitar is like a quarter semitone out of tune with the bass, usually when the bass is up closer to the guitar range. I am betting the original recording was slightly off.

5 Likes

I wish I had your earsā€¦

6 Likes

Trust me, you donā€™t want them - tinnitus sucks :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is a song that does not have a true bass line. You created it, and did a brilliant job of it. Due to no matching bass line, it is most likely that Robby Kreiger was playing in a mode for a slight bit of time, that may have been a half step off in one place. It does nothing to the listening and watching enjoyment you have given to us.
This is something that really only other bass players, or highly trained musicians would even notice. You kind of have to be listening for it, and not to the song to even pick it out. If somebody has such acute hearing (a cute ear ring) that it makes the song unenjoyable to listen to, thats a bummer.
(I am not saying anybody said it was unenjoyable, just making a statement)

You did a bang up job, and you did the Doors, which are one of my most favorite bands ever, a great justice with your bass line, created especially for this song.

8 Likes

Yep, agree 100%. I am guessing this is an artifact of the original recording. Your cover is great.

6 Likes

Thanks @T_dub and @howard

5 Likes

@T_dub Would you like my bass transcription? Iā€™m happy to share it.

5 Likes

Hmm, sharing transcriptions seems like a good idea for a new forum topic. Like a source of good sheet music/tabs/etc

5 Likes

Good idea @howard. Iā€™ll start it

6 Likes

I resemble that comment! Iā€™d be interested in some Doors tab/sheet music as well.

6 Likes

Sure, that would be great.
I will look in the new thread for it.

5 Likes

Great job Pam @PamPurrs ,
Left a comment on your website,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

I noticed that a lot of older songs seem to have the guitars tuned to A444 instead of A440. At first I was confused why Rocksmith tuned to A444 but then noticed that it just tunes exactly for the song you are trying to play.
Then again as it doesnā€™t sound off all the time from what I gather here I think the mode explanation is more likely.

Oh and I also donā€™t really hear it but my hearing is not the best either. So I thoroughly enjoyed it :wink:

5 Likes

Your videos just get better and better, Pam @PamPurrs . . . :slight_smile:

Great bassline, great videography, and great new bass!

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

I listened again and I really only noticed it while Krieger was riffing, like around and after the 1:00 mark. I think it might be his guitar or something he is doing with it.

As I said, overall it sounds great, well done Pam.

6 Likes

There are some off note parts courtesy of the guitar in Hound Dog by Elivs (this monthā€™s 50s100c) as well. Not many but a few.
I bet it is more common than we know in older tunes until we all try to play them in tune.
Itā€™s interesting how they seem to have been mixed somehow to work for their final output but then donā€™t work when covering.

6 Likes