Post your covers! (2019-2022)

i couldnt decide on a polish colour, so i gave it a miss, just went with natural clearcoat :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

When in doubt, go ORANGE

5 Likes

next time :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve just remembered I’ve got a set of Lemmy signature strings hidden away :thinking:
Wonder what they would sound like on the Ray ?
Or perhaps take the flat wounds off of the Rickenbacker and try them although I have read a few articles claiming that the Rickenbacker necks fair better with the lower tension of the flats

3 Likes

Yeah, and I read somewhere that Stingray’s fair much better with higher tension of the Rounds.
Don’t ask me where I read it, cuz I would have to point you to this post.

3 Likes

@John_E Nice! One of my favs and great bass face

3 Likes

Here is my cover of Hysteria from Muse:

Hope you like it : D

11 Likes

Welcome @Eduardo
Glad you are here.
That was great.

How long have you been playing?

6 Likes

About 6 months @John_E

7 Likes

Very nice, @Eduardo . . . :+1:

Also left you a thumbs up on the Tube . . . :wink:

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

Thank you @Jazzbass19 : D

5 Likes

Nice bass playing, but I would have liked hearing it in context with the backing track.

7 Likes

@Eduardo coming in strong with the first post! Welcome !

8 Likes

Welcome aboard @Eduardo ,
Enjoy the ride,
Great first up cover, very nice finger work on both hands👍
You just need to get the mix of your bass track with the audio to align and it would be perfect, something to work on😎
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

I couldn’t even hear the backing track, even with headphones. His bass playing seemed to be good, but it’s hard to tell how it aligns with the song if you can’t hear it.

5 Likes

Hi Pam @PamPurrs ,
I could hear the backing track, I don’t know the song??
The volume just needs to be increased so the playing is replicating the bass line in the mix IMO.
The young fella can certainly play, :+1:
Old ears just can’t hear that good :joy::rofl::joy:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Great Playing,…… but…. I’m an old sub sailor…. We use to play a game called “Liars Poker”…. (And I was pretty good at it)…… Whenever we thought another player was laying crap on a little bit heavy, someone would call “Bullshit”……

No offense, but I’m calling “Bullshit” here……

This site is full of new players who have spent months trying to learn how to play bass - you my friend have just (in SIX MONTH) told them that they are not as good as they should be at a six month point in time….

Bullshit!
Lanny

7 Likes

Wowza. Closer to 6 years would have been my guess. You have impeccable relaxed technique and economy of movement.

7 Likes

I likee!

5 Likes

I am not so sure here @Lanny
Go back and watch all his YouTube Videos.
He has videos for over the last 3 months and albeit some amazing progression, the earlier ones sound like he has just started making covers.

He’s young, with a young spongy mind, and for all we know he is sitting in his room playing 14 hours a day.
Maybe he also has a good ear, and some musical inclination.
Maybe he played guitar prior.

From the other videos, seems he is recording on his phone or other device.
Not everyone has a PC/DAI/DAW, etc to get great mixes.

I think a little benefit of the doubt is in order for someone just joining the forum.

@Eduardo, why don’t you head over to the Introduce Yourself Thread and tell us all a little about you.

10 Likes