Post your covers! (2019-2022)

yeah, thatā€™s pretty much playing guitar on a bass :joy:

3 Likes

Very nicely done @terb! Love that tone, along with the out front attack! Very clear and concise - timing was spot on. Your experience using a pick surely shines through on that cover!

2 Likes

Hey Joshā€¦someone here says you play a mean Iron Maiden Powerslaveā€¦ care to post the video :slight_smile:

2 Likes

NICE @terb !!! Love the parts you improvisedā€¦very appropriate and not over the top! And the sustain you have on that P -Bass is sweet!

I guess we are all learningā€¦no matter what level we are at. But you are FAR from a beginner :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Damn @Lanny love The Animals cover! Just learned Sunshine of Your Love by the Cream (but too embarrassed to post it as Im still very beginnerā€¦lol).

I was born in 1970 so my dad raised me with all the great music like Animals, CCR, Hendrix, Joplin, Cream. And I got him into Zepplin, Sabbath, Iron Maidenā€¦lol Was nice to have a dad that shared music and now Instrument interests. (He has been playing bass since he was 13).

3 Likes

you can work on it a bit more to train and get a bit better and a bit more confident, if you want, then post it here :grin: there is no level requirement at all ! and obviously no competition

3 Likes

Thanks @faamecanicā€¦ I do love the old 60ā€™ and 70ā€™s classics and Motownā€¦ Please donā€™t be embarrassed to post any cover here on this thread. This is why @terb started it months ago. Itā€™s a great way to learn. Like term says, there is no competition, and Iā€™ll bet if you go back through the thread from months prior, youā€™ll see that most of us were all just starting out ourselves. The feedback you get from posting covers here is very constructive in a most positive way. And WOW! Your dad sounds like he has some time under his belt on the bass too!! Way cool!

3 Likes

@terb - killer tune. But the show stealer? That sweater. Matching the bass too. I like your style, sir.

4 Likes

it was even not intended : thatā€™s what we call talent I guess :joy: :joy: :joy:

5 Likes

Truth be told, it doesnā€™t matter at all if it matches your bass or not. That sweater kills.

5 Likes

I think in another month of practice I may do that! Good pointers and better bassist will do nothing but help me improve!

3 Likes

My pop is a cool cat for sure. Retired US Army (was US Airforce in Vietnam), and retired police. When he retired he started a band and plays gigs now. BTWā€¦they live in the same state you doā€¦you guys should hook up :slight_smile:

I grew to really dig blues, do-wop, motown, and early rock (as you can see in my last post). My main music is 1980ā€™s-1990ā€™s metal (Iron Maiden, Old metallica, AC/DCā€¦) but in playing the bass I tend to gravitate to the older rock and some motown! Just love the groove back thenā€¦and finding even though I dont really dig soul musicā€¦damn those guys back then laid down some FAT bass and love it!

Sorry to take this OTā€¦lol

3 Likes

Man those Ghost notes screw me all up. I can play Roxanne (not well mind you in the up-tempo parts of the song) but with Ghost notesā€¦ya that is gonna take another year or so of practice.

Actually this is the second song I learned to play well enough to be recognizable (first was AC/DC The Jack).

Also cool back storyā€¦in the beginning of the song where you hear a few off notes from a piano, then Sting laughingā€¦ in the studio while recording Sting went to lean against a piano to sing and his butt hit the keys and they all started laughing. Sting kept in in the released recordingā€¦lol

3 Likes

Edited to remove the link, seems those internet bots are still angry!

3 Likes

Website blocked due to malware (per my antivirus; I have no idea what site youā€™re hosting that on).

1 Like

Sorry, @infra - but will not click on your player after what @howard reported.

I suggest you remove this post again, check into the issue with the webpage/service provider and then repost.

Alternatively, some of us have opened SoundCloud accounts for the purpose of sharing covers etc. You could try that; however, there, you might run into copyright infringement issues!

Good luck, and still looking forward to hearing your cover at some point :smile:

1 Like

No technical issues or warnings for me. Played within the window. Iā€™m on a Mac, if that makes a difference.

Lovely tone and well blended into the original. To be honest I couldnā€™t tell it was a cover version.

FWIW this is the site triggering the malware warning, no idea whose or what it is.

Domain: playingbass.rocks
Name: 109.ip-51-79-74.net
Address: 51.79.74.109

1 Like

it does not work here and I have the malware alert ! did you try with https://www.mailboxdrive.com/ ?

i can play it in the window from PC/Firefox
Nice bass toneā€¦

1 Like