Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Sounds awesome. What did you use for distortion (sorry if I missed it in the preceding comments)?

3 Likes

Just some OD on the track in GArage Band, with Compression
And it was my Ray4 with Aguilar pickup

3 Likes

OK, so clean sound into GB, and then an OD patch in it?

3 Likes

Yes,
Ray4
Zoom U-24
iPAD
Comp to OD on the bass track.

One separate track in the beginning for the rhythm to let the open E ring out

3 Likes

Just catching up on all these, fantastic song choice and playing! I worked for Roy Orbisonā€™s widow in Nashville several years ago, as an archivist for the ā€œOrbison vaultā€ they had set up in the middle of the building with a ton of old Traveling Wilburys memorabilia. Super cool. The part of the video with Roy ā€œsingingā€ post-humously still kinda gets me.

@sfadams just saw your Oh Pretty Woman cover after I posted this, great job as well. Love to see some good olā€™ Orbison represented in here.

5 Likes

Great cover @T_dub :sunglasses: solid bass line.
You could of warned me there was a slight wait for the first bell ring! I thought it wasnā€™t working and nearly sh*t myself when it blasted through my earphones :joy:
Please enlighten me how you recorded this onto an iPad?

3 Likes

When I first started recording (sax) I used Garage Band on my iPad (it was one of the reasons I bought it) and quickly learned that garage band on iPad is NOT garage band on Mac. Boy it was forever a pain.

The iPad became my airplane movie/show watching machine for work travel and I switched to Abelton (mainly because a guy who works for me uses it, free/local tech support). But I think anything is easier than iPad garage band.

2 Likes

You mean like that?
Helps if you read the text, I mean, I took the time to write it. :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

I use the Zoom U-24 which is an iPad compatible DAI (although, I donā€™t see why any DAI would not work), and it has a USB out, and you use an IPad camera adapter, which is USB to Lightning adapter.

Bass into DAI into IPad, and just open GB and it works.

Using GB on iPad is a little trickier.
I would suggest a youtube search

ā€œLoading audio files into GarageBand iOSā€

You select microphone, then you add a loop to the track, and map to the song file.

Then add a track, and select bass amp, and go.

There is a lot more to it, but thatā€™s the quick start.
I still have much to learn myself

And thanks for the high praise :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for that @T_dub

I donā€™t know if I dare go shopping for a DAI at the moment after my latest buy last night :joy: Althoughā€¦ā€¦.:thinking:

3 Likes

BehringerUMC22
Under $100
But $20 for the USB to Lightning adapter

2 Likes

$200 here :scream: and thatā€™s on sale

2 Likes

Hold on. Typo error. $70 free post. Whereā€™s the candy/chocolate?

2 Likes

Ok, Here is a cover of Watermelon Sugar. I heard this song in the car and thought wow the bass line is moving and found out Pino Palladino was the bass player. Iā€™ll just say this song pushed my abilities and I def made a few mistakes haha.

https://youtu.be/t8ngMQQHleI

10 Likes

Great job @Vegaswizzle
Thatā€™s not an easy bass line, you did it justice.
Cool tone on it too, well done.

4 Likes

Very nice @Vegaswizzle. Well played. Great upbeat mood to the song (which Iā€™d not heard before). I was just bopping away on the subway train on my way to a meeting, the rest of the commuters think I am quite mad, Iā€™m sure.

PS. Cā€™mon Ibanez, you can make those basses left handed, canā€™t ya?

3 Likes

Well done. Iā€™ve never heard that song before so canā€™t comment on how accurate it was, but it sounded good and thatā€™s what really counts.

4 Likes

Very nicely played @Vegaswizzle ,
Good fingering technique on both hands, great tone and that is 1 awesome bass,
Donā€™t know the song but your playing sounded like it was right in the pocket,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Nice cover Toby @T_dub ,
Your bass was right on point, great tone in the mix,
Well done,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Thank you Brian. That is a fun one to play.

3 Likes