Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Nicely played @Guto ,
Never heard the song before, your bass playing fitted very nicely into the mix with nice tone,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

They wont play for me Toby, @T_dub :thinking:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Very nicely done @Guto .

4 Likes

Iā€™m trying to give this a listen, Toby, but for some reason I get three seconds into the sonf and it quits. Iā€™m sure it has something to do with this hotel interweb service. Iā€™ll keep trying.

5 Likes

Another oneā€¦

Audioslave - Like a Stone

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsdGhYd77HxZhuc5Dcv_iZprfPOnzw?e=n6UIo2

Hope you enjoy :sunglasses:

9 Likes

fantastic job @guto, really well done.
You are hitting it out of the park this week.

5 Likes

And since I was playing some Audioslave, hereā€™s one more:

Audioslave - Be Yourself

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsdGhYd77HxZhudHAOzECbrNWMBSNg?e=zAOAKw

10 Likes

Yeah, nothing wrong with that, was just curious how Yousician worked really, but I am sure you could play thru the whole song on 12 if you decided you wanted to, or when you want to, but not needed of course.

I just checked them?
May have to do with my computer cuz they are stored on my DropBox, and although they are in the cloud, they sometimes donā€™t play if my computer is off? Donā€™t know why, but check them again if you like.

4 Likes

Sounded great.
Idk the original song, but that could have been the final cut as far as I could tell. Great job

Same thing, sounds excellent, great work.

5 Likes

Great covers @Guto :+1:

4 Likes

Very nice @Guto ,
Great mix, fitted perfectly,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Great covers @Guto ! Both sound awesome. Not my kind of music but very well played.

3 Likes

@T_dub ,
Finally got it to play and it sounds great! Nice tone.
Great job!

4 Likes

Thanks much Jerry

4 Likes

Thanks Jerry!

4 Likes

Awesome cover @JerryP

4 Likes

Thank you @Eduardo !

4 Likes

ā€œFor Whom the Bell Tollsā€

The song starts at 19 seconds, another learning curve I need for GB on iPad

So, my computer died the other day, and I was going to record this cover that night.

I took the time to figure out how to do it on iPAD.
I struggle to get good effects, and sounds on the iPAD still, I found the desktop much easier.
I am going to spend time trying to get it better, but space is limited, so I have to keep overwriting the file and song on the iPad. I am gonna have to post post and store here, so there will prob be another one or two til I can dial it in better.

I am not really a Metallica fan, but love Cliff, and his lines are really fun to play, including this one.

The volume thru the track is hard to get right, because many of the LEADS on this song are actually from the bass, not guitars, PLUS Cliff had special pickups (one was a guitar pick up), and used RotoWounds swing jazz strings, which are .035 to .090.
The high pitch bass made some of the bass line stay in the track after removing the bass, and at times I am competing with it, and if I turn up the bass, then it is way too Loud for the other parts.
So, my bass lead parts more or less just fatten the sound, it is not fully playing over and in front of it, but it is there, and I am happy with how tight I played it, cuz you canā€™t really hear them apart from each other.

Maybe I will use an expression pedal if I can get it set up so I can play louder thru these parts, or do them on a separate track?.

4 Likes

So Toby, gotta tell you something, I like the growl of your version better than the original!
I wasnā€™t that familiar with the song and just listened to it and yours (had to open in another window to get it to play but it worked) and I am digging your thumpy growl.
Super job man!

2 Likes

Thanks John. I liked the growl too, I think the only way to get all parts right would be to multi track it.
Mostly I donā€™t like doing that, but I did in the beginning, cuz there is a bass rhythm and lead part, to play them both, I had too.

But I think I should redo it, playing the bass rhythm in the beginning, then the song all the way thru, and just play the lead in the beginning just in a separate track, and maybe for the very end too, so I can get the volume of the highs to match.

I have to get rid of the blank 18 seconds at the start too.

1 Like