Post your covers! (2019-2022)

That was awesome! Dude, next time, don’t downplay your stuff with those “mistakes, attempt” notions. Let the playing do the talking.

6 Likes

AWESOME job @RuknRole ! One of my favorite songs and a bucket list Cover for me to which now you have inspired me to do it (eventually as I have too many others in the queue already).

Thanks for the courage and inspiration!

6 Likes

You totally rocked it! The song is a long time favorite of mine so I really enjoyed it. I agree with @wellbi and ‘Let the playing do the talking.’
:+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks @Jazzbass19, @JDDaniel, @wellbi, and @JerryP.

5 Likes

You know your words got me thinking last night :thinking: … and you are right!
I’m a B2B graduate, and I’m pretty sure one of those "B"s stands for “Badass”.
So I layed down a new track, got rid of all that downplay crap, and uploaded a new video.

Thanks bro! :+1:

8 Likes

That was awesome @RuknRole . Great job!

4 Likes

OK gang…
This song is definitely not for everyone here. It started playing while I was driving in the car and I immediately started to form a baseline for it in my head. So tried to come up with something and this is the result.
Grab your partner for some slow dancing and I hope you enjoy it.

17 Likes

I’m on the road but will listen to it when I can. Just FYI, there’s a typo in your title

2 Likes

@JerryP

This is fantastic!!!
Great tone, great pocket.
Nice hanging back and running up.

Great bass line you came up with. Def serving the song.

If I could offer any suggestion it would be what my Sax teacher always says to me……
Use dynamics as well. Play softer in some spots. Louder in others. Either follow the vocal dynamics or counter it a little. Something to try on your next one maybe.

This is a great song and Tony Is the bomb.

7 Likes

Excellent @JerryP! Can’t get any better than a sunburst bass with tort and rosewood fingerboard and a classy baseline. Well done!

Great tone on that Hamer!

4 Likes

That’s awesome! I could certainly see that bass line played in an actual venue. Totally in the pocket all the way through and the tone of that JB fits it perfectly.

4 Likes

Nice - love those little (chromatic) runs up or down!

4 Likes

Nice @JerryP as always.

Agree with @Ruknrole

By the way, I played your cover for the wife. Rarely if ever can I get her to dance me, and when I gave her “the look” and a wink after the song was playing for a few, she rolled her eyes. Glad to know my sex appeal is as strong as ever. LMAO

6 Likes

Love it @JerryP …. Absolutely love it…. Brings me back home to the time when you took that special person by the hand, wrapped your arms around them,…. and danced together…. Thanks for the memory!!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

3 Likes

So true @Ed…. Brings me back to when I was taking guitar lessons back in the late 50’s and early 60’s…. All classical…. As a kid I really hated it, but now I wish I would have paid more attention to it.

Your cover brings a new and different dimension to covers here - one that is very refreshing since it does take a lot of time to master many of the notes and style that is inherent to classical music. You did it justice, and very well played.

What strings are you playing, and is that a Yamaha?

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes

NICE @RuknRole…. :clap::clap: We should always be pushing ourselves to play “a bit North” of our abilities - otherwise, how do we ever learn to get better?.:smile::smile:

Personally, I’m not a real pick fan for playing bass (old school here) but your choice to use one for this cover worked well…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes

No worries Pam. Yeah, I saw the spelling error after uploading.

2 Likes

Thanks John.

Yes, I need to work on that. Songs like this need that special touch.

2 Likes

Thank you @MC-Canadastan . I’m glad you liked it.

2 Likes

Thank you @joergkutter !

3 Likes