Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Yeah I thought it would sound better for this song. Plus I think it looks more badass :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Nice @terb ā€¦ there you go again expanding my musical (another band new to me!) knowledge, THANKS! Like the look and sound of that Ibanez although I bet ā€œGreenieā€ is jealous. :wink:

4 Likes

Greenie is on my knees right now, she canā€™t be jealous :slight_smile:

also I did another cover of this band previously, with Greenie this time.

5 Likes

Awesome @Ed !! Now you are starting to rival @JerryP and @PamPurrs for the best memories stirred by Covers on this thread! 1981ā€¦this song and many others on the jukebox at the game room (yuppie pool hall) back when I was ā€œyoung and influentialā€ but thought I knew it all. LoL

5 Likes

Ah, now I remember seeing that one last year for sureā€¦and that scenery, love the French countryside.

5 Likes

That tone and sound was Bad Ass @Ed . Havenā€™t heard that song in long time. Awesome job.
Cheersā€‹:+1::beers:

5 Likes

Nice job Ed @Ed ,
Couple small areas with timing and changeovers, and tone issues on string crossovers, but not easy with the speed of the song.
All in all i think you did a great job, keep up the good work, your bass looks awesome,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Good cover @Ed . Some serious picking for all down strokes!

3 Likes

Damn Laurent @terb!! Two years!! I can remember when you and I were taking the course and you started the covers thread. Although I was a bit hesitant at first to record and share as a newbie, it was this thread that helped me move from guitar to bass the most. Granted, the B2B course helped teach me the bass concepts that allowed me to move from guitar, it was the ā€œCoversā€ thread that provided me the ā€œexperienceā€ that I needed to further expand my horizonsā€¦ā€¦ I have learned so much by being able to play my bass to what ever music I chose and challenge myself along the way by doing my own thing. Thank You my friend!!

As for your coverā€¦ā€¦ Always loved the couch settingā€¦. And damn, thereā€™s nothing I can comment on that is ā€œoffā€ or ā€œoutta whackā€ā€¦:joy::joy:. I do LOVE the hat though!! Good luck on your move - sorry to hear that it was postponed, but Iā€™m sure that your first cover recording in your new digs will be a special one!!

Keep on Thumpin!
Lanny

6 Likes

Dang! Nice playing! And to top it off youā€™ve got your power stance and bass face going. Stage ready!

4 Likes

Sounded pretty good, although I am not familiar with the song.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a couch??? I always thought he was sitting on the edge of a bed. Iā€™ll have to look closer.

3 Likes

Great pick work and all around great job @Ed

Love that tune!

4 Likes

Heh :grinning: for me it was school and riding my bike in the evenings. And Top of the Pops (old UK pop music show). Good times !

4 Likes

Thanking you :grin: Iā€™m well impressed with the Ibanezā€¦ Great little bass that one.

4 Likes

With Jimmy Saville and DLT ! :scream:

3 Likes

Thanking you :grin:

Yeah I really need to spend a but more time on these covers but the temptation is to get it to 90% and think ah thatā€™s good enough and move on with the next one. :wink:. Great fun to play this though :grinning:.

4 Likes

Oo best not mention those guys :flushed::wink:

3 Likes

Thanks ! This song is great for the cardio alone :grin:

3 Likes

thank you Lanny @Lanny ! yeah two years and already good memories about the course and our first covers :slight_smile: I remember you were one of the first ones who recorded video covers, it was a joy for me to discover your first one.

about the hat itā€™s a Stetson ā€¦ what else ? :grin:

6 Likes