Post your covers! (2019-2022)

A classic :+1:

3 Likes

Just wait til I do the Alice Cooper cover :grin:

6 Likes

Nice job @Ed ! Iā€™m not familiar with the song or the band but it sounds great!
:+1:

5 Likes

Iā€™m amazed anyone lived through the '80s and didnā€™t hear it :slight_smile:

Very heavy rotation on radio, in several movies too IIRC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_GH6M7cUq4

7 Likes

yeah itā€™s a famous song

6 Likes

:grin: :+1:

Oh yeah I think Kim Wilde (the singer) was rather a one hit wonder but I totally had a thing for her when I was in my teens. And Debbie Harry.

4 Likes

Yeah - Debbie Harry was in kind of a different league, long and accomplished career both with Blondie and solo.

Awesome live too.

I mean, she still owns it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPidNAmIWHU

She would be about 70 in that video. Still kicking ass. Their latest album came out three years after that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh great find ! Iā€™m now going back down the Blondie rabbit hole on youtubeā€¦

3 Likes

Kim Wildeā€™s father was also a famous singer back in the day too, Marty Wilde.
Debbie Harry was an major part of the new wave and punk scene at the start way back in the 70s and certainly earned her place in rockā€™nā€™roll history.

3 Likes

One of the best shows I ever saw was this late '80s tour of Debbie Harry, Ramones, and Tom Tom Club.

It was fā€™in awesome. They rotated who opened each night and when I saw them, TTC was last and played a super long set with tons of Talking Heads in it too. And poked fun at Byrne the whole time.

Anyway Debbie Harry went first and was just an amazing opener, right into the Ramones.

4 Likes

That sounds cool as @howard
Iā€™m quite envious

1 Like

It definitely did not suck :slight_smile:

Harrison had dropped from the tour before I saw it. (edit: just remembered, he was actually there and just played with TTC, didnā€™t do his own/Modern Lovers set though.)

2 Likes

Oh yeah, now that I hear it on that video I recognize itā€¦ I couldnā€™t hear it on @Ed 's cover, the volume was too low on the backing track.

3 Likes

Blondie are awesome live, we have seen them twice in Melbourne and once at The Canyon in Agoura Hills.
Clem Bourke is an awesome drummerā€‹:+1:And Debbie Harry is always sensational :+1:
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

If you like Clem Burke, check out the Empty Hearts! Itā€™s Elliot Easton from The Cars, Clem Burke from Blondie, Wally Palmar from The Romantics, and Andy Babiuk from the Chesterfield Kings (but best known for his in-depth books on Beatles gear). They play super group garage rock. Itā€™s fast, loose, and a hell of a lot of fun!

3 Likes

Certified badass :metal:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing @LeftyChad ,
Checked them out, pretty awesome :+1:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Hi Bassbuzz friends,
Please find link below to my latest cover.
A classic Steve Miller Band song that I really enjoyed doing.
As usual all feedback is encouraged, please enjoy,
Cheers Brian

https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2021/08/15/winter-time/

8 Likes

Bass was perfect - your playing was spot on, tone was awesome, sat in the mix well, and it was nice to see the Warwick come out. Well done!

One piece of constructive criticism - probably due to how you removed the original bass, the backing track was biased way too trebly, leading to a shrill and overly biting mix. I would recommend playing with the track EQ to try and tame how raw the high end of the backing track is. This really comes out in the intro effect too.

4 Likes

Thanks Howard @howard ,
Will check it out :+1:, getting the whole thing worked out to have a nice mix and tone was a real challenge.
Part of this was due to the really high notes up on the 18 th fret c# on the G then going down to F on the E.
Glad you liked it though,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes