Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Did you end up getting the Late-2014 mini? It should be fine.

3 Likes

No, at least not yet. I am getting a free habd me down from my aunt, but she cant recall the year. It was not powered up to check, and it might be a late 2012.

I can get at least Catalina on it, but catalina no longer supports garage band download.

Really, just to have a computer, Internet, access to the forum with an actual keyboard,
Large screen to continue talking bass courses on, and full suzes YT bass tab videos, I am so freaking happy to get all that back, garage band, will be a bummer if I cant do it on there, but I am still gonna be so much happier and ultra grateful to be getting this handed down from my aunt.

And if it is not 2014, and even 2012, it WILL be a model that a Mac Mini can run.

So if I shell out $175 or $225 for a. Ac Mini, I can run it thru the Imac.

That makes it so much better then using a $80 monitor, or a 31ā€ HDMI Tv I have sitting here not being ised, because ai still get full use of photo booth for recording, and audio / speakers, able to face time, etcā€¦

All tje extras I would have to buy and add in order to work properly, and get full use out of the desktop mac mini.

So+ fingers crossed, but I am thinking, at the very least, I get my keyboard back for the forum, metronome apps (i like them on the video when looking at songs, instead of thru the phone, although that is just an added convenience) and its just so much more comfortable for me to practice and sit by the computer, get the courses going, or apps, websites, in a larger text I can read, and wont have to dedicate 2 hands to my Ipod to make texts, or do anything really.
Ranting, I know.

I am just stoked to have an Imac again. Its been hard to do my normal routine without one, and I am a happier person doing my normal routine (when it comes to playing, practicing, recording or talking about bass, here or elsewhere online.

I am ready to be happy again. With all the crap in my life now, that was my salvation, my one saving grace, and to get any part of that back, man, I am so stoked

4 Likes

great cover @Korrigan ! original and classic at the same time

5 Likes

Thanks!

Personally Iā€™m trying to balance my work between pick and fingerstyle but I have been neglecting the fingerstyle work recently. I would play more with my fingers but for me itā€™s a question of speed and endurance - I just donā€™t have Popeye forearms yet :wink: . Iā€™m nowhere near being able to burn through Anthrax basslines with my fingers. Also itā€™s way easier to play with a pick on the Rickenbackerā€¦

Hey good luck on the Ironman! Thatā€™s like running, swimming and cycling?

3 Likes

That was awesome @Korrigan ! Very well done.
:+1:

5 Likes

Very nice @Korrigan ,
Really enjoyed the sound your getting :+1:very cool,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

You can get an older download. I have an old Macbok Pro (2011 vintage) running High Sierra, and I went to Apples older version repository to download an older version of GB.

2 Likes

No Doubt: Sunday Morning. Constructive feedback appreciated.

https://youtu.be/O1JeqDiOFiE

7 Likes

thatā€™s a nice cover @Old_WannaBe :slight_smile: about a constructive feedback Iā€™d say that maybe some of your attacks are not even, it could be something to work on if you want to

5 Likes

sounds really good @Old_WannaBe

nice hand position too!

2 Likes

Nice job @Old_WannaBe ,
The bass in the mix is a little distorted imo, but you are right in the groove and look like your getting around the fret board really nicely,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Great job @TNKA36 Brian - my comment is on the websiteā€¦.

3 Likes

The bass in the mix is a little distorted imo.

Thats because I am playing through a Fender Rumble 15 that I think I blew the speaker on and recording into a cheap webcam with the track playing through my 15 year old computer speakers (to be fair they were high end Klipsch at the time) in the background.

4 Likes

Thanks Bill @Lanny ,
Cheers Brian

1 Like

NIce job @Old_WannaBe ! Well done.
:+1:

3 Likes

At my daughter and son in laws house at the beaches of North Carolina and decided to do a quick cover of Lynyrd Skynyrdā€™sā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

ā€œSweet Home Alabamaā€

while my wife and daughter were out setting up for my granddaughters weddingā€¦

Didnā€™t have any recording equipment with me so had to use my grandsons Rockfish guitar cable to plug into my Mac. Also decided to use both bassā€™s that I brought to North Carolina with me to do the cover recording.

Played each bass completely through while recording both audio and video simultaneously and then spliced the two recordings together to make the final cover recording. There is a spot where I changed from my Fender PJ to my Ibanez SR500E where the recording sounds like itā€™s missing some notes, but itā€™s just the spot where I faded out one recording and faded in the otherā€¦ā€¦. Basically, the take away I was after was the difference between string tones for the two bassā€™s since the PJ has flats and the Ibby has rounds.

Not my best cover, but the best I could do with the limited recording equipment I had at the time.

Keep on Thumpin,!
Lanny

9 Likes

Very nicely played, Lanny @Lanny . . . :slight_smile:

Also left you a thumbs up on the Tube . . . :+1:

Cheers
Joe

3 Likes

Excellent!
Sounds great for a ā€˜travel setupā€™.
I liked the PJ tone better.
Funny thing is when listening, I thought the Ibanez had the flats!

4 Likes

Wow, hereā€™s a sentence Iā€™ll never be able to utter or writeā€¦ Big congrats, Lanny! :smile:

6 Likes

Good job Lanny, it sounds excellent!

4 Likes