Post your covers! (2019-2022)

GREAT JOB @Lanny
Lanny love your bass lines on this, and since I don’t know that song, I have no idea that yours or @PamPurrs is or isn’t original, either sure could be!

Glad you also did not get run over by the train train.

4 Likes

You rock Lanny! Great cover and great tone on the bass!
:+1:

4 Likes

Thanks @John_E - John…. The bass mentor that I worked with once I finished the B2B course always had that song listed as their opening song for their gigs…. Sets the stage and gets the energy level up…

4 Likes

Thanks @JerryP - Jerome…. I did the recording first thing this morning after breakfast. Wanted to do just one take - kinda like playing live. There were a couple spots where I wanted to throw in some back slides, but I’ve played the song differently every time…… all cool!!

Keep On Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes

Great job Bill @Lanny ,
Love the tone from the fender, the video was pretty cool :+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Love Blackfoot.
Love Southern Rock.
And definitely love your cover @Lanny .
The bass sounds good to me and the bass line certainly fits well.
Good to hear your band life is taking off. Very cool. Your covers, however, will be sorely missed. They certainly inspired a good few people to take that first leap and give it a go

4 Likes

Thanks @TNKA36 - Brian!! That particular bass certainty puts out some good tones, and the Jazz neck on it makes it a lot easier to play than my Fender P…. Not as fast as my Ibanez SR500E, but for this song it worked well for what I was after…

2 Likes

Thanks @Mac…. I’ll certainly miss doing and posting them but at this point of my bass journey, it’s time to move forward and do what I always loved doing - playing with other musicians….

The last time I done that, I was playing guitar for a church worship team - eventually got beat out by younger guitar players…. Besides, playing on stage again was an item on my retirement “Bucket List” and being able to have that opportunity is something that puts a smile on my old wrinkled face!!:rofl::rofl:. Just so happens that I’ll just do it playing bass​:rofl::rofl:

Keep On Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes

@Lanny Um, ya know, you could always post practice videos. Just sayin’…

4 Likes

I reckon it’s bloody awesome @Lanny .
Sort of sets the bar for up and coming members here :+1:

3 Likes

That’s a nice looking bass. Did it come like this or have you modded this with the Jazz neck/pickups? Great cover BTW. I’ve not heard that song before, it’s a toe tapper. :clap:

4 Likes

Good idea @LeftyChad​:+1::+1:

3 Likes

Thanks @Bassdacious…. It came that way. Only thing I’ve done to it was five it a good set up and throw on a set of good strings…

4 Likes

Lanny (Griff) always is a tough act to follow, but I shall offer this up. I worked on this a long time and I’m not 100% happy with it, my time grows short in my “home studio” so here it is.
The first time I heard this song I immediately wanted to play it. I found the sheet music and used most of the baseline from it with a couple of tweaks here and there. Comments and constructive criticism most welcome.

16 Likes

Some fine playin there pardner!

Wish I could get a clean tone like that…

3 Likes

Another nice piece! My only suggestion is that maybe you need to find more challenging tracks to push yourself a bit more - you’re flying through these :+1:

Oh this might a bit OT but how do you find the Hofner bass? I’m thinking of investing in one myself

2 Likes

Agree…time for some Iron Maiden @JerryP :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Great job @JerryP, really.

Bass line reminds me of Duck Dunn.
Once you are done with some Iron Maiden stuff, maybe look into some Blues Brothers or other Dunn tunes, they are right up your alley.

2 Likes

Actually @JerryP when I was listening to your Reba song I started singing this over it, very similar…

1 Like

I opened up the hall closet and there it was. :rofl:
Funny you should bring that up… I am planning to do a setup on the Hofner this afternoon and maybe I’ll post something with it when I’m done.

2 Likes