Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Great cover Jerry @JerryP ,
some really smooth walking bass with some other really nice transitions, great tone
and you looked like you really enjoyed playing it,
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Nice playing @Gabriel1
they all sounded pretty nice,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Another nice job Jerry @JerryP ,
Nice tone from the ā€œHOFā€
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Yes they are. I have done several covers with mine, and havenā€™t even done a Beatles one yet. I am however working on one, but seem to have chosen the most difficult one possible. I hope to have it done in another week or so.

3 Likes

Many Beatles songs have insanely hard bass lines.
Go Pam, you can do it!

3 Likes

I know a fellow here who is the bassist (and Paul voice) with a Beatles cover band. I saw him last week and mentioned that Iā€™m working on learning this song to do a cover. He just rolled his eyes, chuckled, and said, ā€œGood luckā€.

3 Likes

Nice work @Lanny Lanny! Makes my Southern Pride bubble over!!!

You too @JerryP with Reba and The Beatles! Travel safe to Hawaii.

@TNKA36 Brian I will check yours out ASAP! I sure theyā€™re stellar as always.

Yours too @Old_WannaBe , I look forward to listening to yours soon.

Hope everyone is safe and well.

4 Likes

Wow those all sounded amazing @Gabriel1. If I had to pick a winner it would probably be the Yamaha actually. Great tone on the JPII.

4 Likes

Thanks guys for all the feedback! I would go with #2 for this song more funky sound! I still love the others! :heart::pray:

5 Likes

Big fan - Joe Gittleman the bass fiddleman! Iā€™d love to learn a couple of his bass lines, but thereā€™s not a lot out there for those of us who arenā€™t up to self-transcribing yet. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have the full score (all instruments) to The Impression That I Get.
If anyone wants it PM me your email and I will shoot it to you.

4 Likes

Hey thanks :grinning: :+1:. That hofner has a great full sound to it. Definitely worth checking out at the music emporium methinks.

(Nice cover too ! I have a nightmare time with slower paced songs)

3 Likes

I had never heard of ā€œ Why havenā€™t I heard from you ā€œ @JerryP . What a great tune and what a great cover. I really enjoyed listening to that !

3 Likes

Thank you Brian! I really had a good time learning and playing it.

2 Likes

Thank you much, JD!

2 Likes

I may take you up on that, John.

1 Like

Thanks Ed! One thing about the Hofner is the neck dive. I am going to go with @PamPurrs suggestion of adding a scuba diving weight to the strap to fix the neck dive.

3 Likes

Thanks Mac! Yeah the first time I heard it , I wanted to play it and her video is funny as well.

3 Likes

I will have a look on YouTube. Thanks @JerryP

3 Likes

Sounds awesome @Old_WannaBe . From the quality of the recording, Iā€™m guessing you got yourself fixed up with a decent recording setup?

2 Likes